The strangest gig...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soul-o, May 8, 2021.

1. soul-o

soul-o Friend of Leo's

Here in Boston, things are gradually starting to happen again and weddings are beginning to occur (which is handy since they are all rescheduled from 2020 and I’ll jump off the bloody Zakim bridge if we have to reschedule them again).

I did a wedding tonight at a super fancy downtown venue where the current regulations allow for live music but no vocals. Now, we are just on the cusp of vocals being allowed inside, but thus particular bride (who was super nice) had a fundamental lack of understanding of what the terms “band” and “vocals” actually mean. The poor wedding planner just begged me to come up with “something to make it work”.

We ended up playing along to me DJing with just the drums, sax and our violinist going through the mains. There was a lot of dancing around on stage. I sang along the whole time behind my mask and, honest to God, I don’t think anybody ever knew that we were playing along to the original recordings. All the firsts had a fantastic time and that’s certainly what is most important.
    Mime is money, right?

2. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

3. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Everybody had fun and you got paid? That's success!

Tell us about the next gig. ;)

4. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.