The speed of bad news on FB.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BobbyZ, Feb 18, 2020.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

fendrguitplayr likes this.
  2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Self-referential replies on observations on complaints about complaints...

[​IMG]

John Nicholas, BobbyZ and Fendereedo like this.
  3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I can stop any time I want!

Fendereedo likes this.
  4. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

I HATE Facebook.....!!!!!!

.....and breathe.......

Chunkocaster likes this.
  5. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

The biggest attack I got on Facebook was a few years back. (when I was still looking at FB)
    All I said was, something about how FB would be better if it banned politics and religion, like we have here.
    You would've thought I was advocating some unspeakable atrocity !
    Only reason I joined in the first place was to see pictures and posts of my kids and such. The place is really a cesspool.

Oh an update on the mailbox I didn't hit.
    Our social media person is looking into it and probably posted on it by now. I haven't looked.

telemnemonics likes this.
  6. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Holic

hey man i was being followed around walmart the other day buy one of them floorsweeper guys and was gonna say something about it to him then when i looked up at it , was a driverless floor-man machine. sucks not to be able to chew someone out for getting in ya space :)

BobbyZ likes this.
  7. TelenTubes

TelenTubes Tele-Holic

A lie can make it around the world before the truth puts its pants on.
    I think Mark Twain said something along those lines.

I have a FB account, but haven't posted too much on it. I can't believe the dumb thing people do on FB. My divorce attorney was very glad I took screen shot of the ex's FB posts heading into court, lol.

SPUDCASTER and BobbyZ like this.
  8. LPBlue

LPBlue Tele-Holic

Bad news travels faster than a fart in an elevator!:cry:

TelenTubes and BobbyZ like this.
  9. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

You're right. I've been saying things like this about TV and caffeine for a while now.

BobbyZ and telemnemonics like this.
  10. Steerforth

Steerforth Tele-Afflicted

I have never had a Facebook account. But I occasionally experience a desire to acquire one. Then I get over it.

Those times that I’ve been tempted have been motivated by a strange desire to deliberately promulgate carefully constructed disinformation. There’s something about Facebook that induces a desire in me to help raise the level of mass confusion in the world.

But each time, I look around and think, “Why do all that typing? It would be like pouring a glass of water into the sea.” Then I don’t bother to register.

This is the only place that I interact with other people on the Internet, and since I like the people here, I refrain from indulging in deliberately spreading disinformation.

But every time I see somebody else’s Facebook page I feel a faint, malicious desire to register and then fire up the BS machine for a few warm up laps preparatory to running the BS 500.

Chunkocaster, P Thought and BobbyZ like this.
  11. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

There is nothing like catching up with a few mates in their 40's and 50's at a bar and having them checking their phones and interrupting conversation for updates on what just happened on their Facebook and Tinder profiles to make you realise how pathetic and addicted some people can be to those crappy sites. Whether their meal just arrived or the latest love of their life just walked out its a scramble for the mobile phone to share a pic with strangers or arrange another temporary partner.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    BobbyZ likes this.
  12. BobbyZ

@Chunkocaster you reminded me, I haven't checked Facebook or Tinder today!

I'm kidding. No longer on the dating sites. Those women only want me for my body.
    No idea how many dates it took to figure that out. ;)

Chunkocaster likes this.
  13. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I did the online dating thing in the early 2000's and was on facebook for a couple years until around 2010. I'm sure many of the same girls would still be on there although with a few more miles on them now. The novelty wore off and the reality kicked in pretty early for me. I have had to listen to many friends rave about Tinder and facebook over the past few years and I just cant relate anymore. The last guy rang me from the police station after hooking up with a new live in girlfriend a few months after leaving his wife. The new girl is crazy and was cutting up his shirts etc in the backyard and sending him pics of it. Also put his drum kit out on the street.:lol: :eek:

I try to tell them but they refuse to listen to my advise. I think of Tinder as more like a craigslist for used, scratch and dent partners with undisclosed faults or leasing a used car that other random guys take for a spin when you aren't around.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    BobbyZ likes this.
  14. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Since you were doing the route, could you have pulled up to the mailbox in question & snapped a pic proving that you hadn't even been there yet? Not that you had anything to prove. ;)

Even the guitar groups are insane on that format.

15. BobbyZ

Wasn't really anything to prove. He posted it before I got there, the trucks are GPS tracked and the FB post has a time as well.
    Not sure what happened with it. I do dawn patrol, go in at midnight, I'm done for the day at 8:30am. If it snows I call in drivers and get in a plow myself. Consequently I get very little information about things because I don't see man people most days.
    (I've got a cold right now, I'm home sick, not posting at work)

Yeah FB is insane! It's a forum for complainers.
    Kinda reminds me of CB radios and truck drivers. They say all kinds of mean things on those radios, but you go into a truck stop and they're all pretty nice to each other.

bender66 likes this.
  16. BobbyZ

Dating sucks ! People always say men cheat on their wives. But I've managed to get involved with some wives. Unknowingly!
    So I gave up on bars. When my girlfriend and I broke up 4 or 5 years ago I tried the online thing. It was interesting to say the least!
    I met some nice woman but also some total wack jobs.
    This summer I ran into my ex girlfriend and were seeing each other again. We get along great living in our own places.

Chunkocaster and bender66 like this.
  17. Rumblur

Rumblur Tele-Meister

What his post tells me is "I never want my road plowed again EVER!"

BobbyZ likes this.
  18. BobbyZ

I'm thinking the guy that normally plows that road might not get real close to his mailbox from now on. Might even slow way down so the snow doesn't fly off in the ditch. . . . .

Rumblur likes this.
  19. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave TDPRI Member

I'm sure it would be easy to fill up a page, just ragging on other people's reasons for using Social Media.
    I left Facebook exactly 3 years ago this week.
    At first, I was twiddling my thumbs for about a week, wondering 'did I really spend this much time looking for things to look at?'
    I have to say though, my enthusiasm for guitars & tone-chasing filled that gap perfectly.
    Guitars and actual 'paper' books.
    I was disillusioned with music for a few years before that, and leaving FB was the antidote to much of my apathy.
    Now I just need to make good on my threats to never watch or read the news again ...

20. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

This is the only "social media" I subscribe to.

I have never had desire to have anything to do with Farcebook.

If FB had the rules from the start and moderators as we have here. There might not have been as many problems as they have encountered.

Gonna be hard to get that genie back in the bottle.

Dirty Dave likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.