1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

the soundtrack to my youth

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by tintag27, Oct 20, 2020.

1. tintag27

tintag27 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

RIP Spencer Davis -

aging_rocker, mally and trancedental like this.
  2. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

“...blocked in your country on copyright grounds.”

What did Texas ever do to deserve this?

;)

3. tintag27

Sorry about that - that DRM prrotocol also works the other way round, blocking UK viewers out of many videos posted on TDPRI that I would like to listen to also also - very annoying! I was just calling attention to today's announcement about the death of Spencer Davis...
    Have a wander round YouTube and hopefully you will find a reminder of how good this band was, one that works for you......

4. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Spencer Davis! Steve Winwood’s first big job. I’ve heard nothing from him since the 60’s but good lord he had some HITS!

tintag27 likes this.
  5. tintag27

Steve was a prodigy even in his teens - I saw the band play in the Twisted Wheel club, Manchester, 2 or 3 times when I was still at school, and was shocked to find out that he was only the same age as me! All the band were excellent musicians, and it's not widely known that Muff Winwood (Steve's brother on bass) also went on to become a successful record producer - producing, among others; Dire Straits' first album (featuring Sultans of Swing) - how many Stratocasters did that sell?'

6. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Muff was all over Island Records as a producer in the early 70’s. I never realized he had been in the Spencer Davis Group but I knew he was Steve’s brother.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.