1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The "silver" Nobels ODR-1 - seems like there are two, whats the difference?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by bluesholyman, Nov 2, 2020.

1. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

I've noticed this silver Nobels ODR-1 (not the S or other variants, but actual ODR-1) and there seems to be two different ones, most notably distinguished by the silver "n" on the foot switch - one has it, the other is all black.

Anyone know the difference between these two pedals? I am guessing they came out at different times, but otherwise the same? Inquiring minds want to know...

2. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Afflicted

The one with no silver N on the pad is made in China, not Taiwan like the older ones. I too noticed this years ago and found out the answer. Before it was discontinued, the last ones went to China for manufacture for a couple of years maybe. When the reissues came out (back to the green cases), they continued to be made in China. I don't think there is much if any difference in the quality or sound of the China vs. Taiwan versions, maybe components may be a bit different.
    Al

bluesholyman likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.