The Screamers

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by dalandan, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

I've been using my Joyo Vintage OD lately. Thing sounds really good for the money. Platefire

2. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Recently snagged a "like new" Seymour Duncan 805. T/S on steroids. I love it so far in the bandroom, have yet to gig 'er....3-band EQ is a nice feature. [​IMG]

leonard d rock likes this.
  3. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

That's cool to have a TS circuit with three band EQ. Never seen one of those before, I like it. I see you have the drive at about 1:00 o'clock. That's about where I run most of my TS types 1 to 2 o'clock for a general dirt. Have you ever tried it as a clean boost? Platefire

4. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

It's ok as a boost.

5. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Sounds great w/ drive cranked and ride the volume knob (P-90 axe). Tried this at practice and we all dug it. Nice having the mids pushed a bit, really cuts through the mix.

e44crowe likes this.
  6. nick79

nick79 TDPRI Member

Tubescreamer mini here, never used one before but i'm very impressed with it. Give's my Mesa F50 a nice 'push' and tightens everything up. Well worth the £59 it cost me, wish i had looked at them sooner!

jgnov99 likes this.
  7. whiteop

whiteop Tele-Afflicted

I like the mini tubescreamer better than the full size version for some reason myself

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    jgnov99 likes this.
  8. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

So the 805 made it on our latest recording . Stay tuned....

9. jgnov99

jgnov99 TDPRI Member

Ibanez Mini Tube Screamer... I love it!

10. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Tele-Afflicted

I have 2 TS9's. Both modded by me. One has the 808 resistors mod and he chip replaced with a socketed TI RC4558P. The other came with a JRC4558D chip in it so I left that and did the 808 resistors and the Keeley "Less/More" mod. Both sound great though one is noticeably brighter sounding. I do prefer them modded over unmodded.

11. Allen Peterson

Allen Peterson Tele-Meister

I have a TS9. Like it!

12. jesse_ohio

jesse_ohio TDPRI Member

This hairy little thing...

[​IMG]

The SD-9 Sonic Distortion may not technically be a 'Screamer but it's like its slightly-older cousin who already went through puberty.

(The one pictured isn't mine -- mine has a nice dent in the footswitch, is generally uglier, and the pots are scratchy as all get out -- but the few clean contact spots are still pretty freakin gnarly)

13. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

In order of acquisition:

TS5 Soundtank--sounded great, too delicate for stage use. I've owned two of these and passed both them to bedroom jammers.

TS9RI--Permanently welded to my Big Ol Board of Sonic Bliss. The standard by which judge all overdrive pedals.

Danelectro Daddy-O DO-1--just follow the guide in the book, and you gots lotsa tones at your toes. The "Texas Blues" suggested setting is the recipe for "Instant SRV". Fun, fun, fun.

TS10 (original)--the TS9's snotty little brother who wears a spiked leather wristband. Sold it to a guy who wanted such an overdrive.

TS7 ToneLok--bought it for $15, flipped it for $30 profit in one day.

MXR M66 Classic Overdrive--the original green promo pedal made for and sold at Guitar Center for $30 one Christmas. Sounded good out of the box, and had some hidden flexibility with the internal personality switch. I bought two...modified one (made the internal switch external) and gave it to a friend...kept the other stock.

TS808RI--recently acquired, I have not yet put it through its paces enough to form an opinion. Preliminary thoughts: sounds good, but the TS9RI ain't gonna lose its job.

14. MisterZ

MisterZ Tele-Holic

Just got my first TS9.

15. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

I have a TS-5 and a TS-10. Stock, they sound just about the same to me. If I had to pick one as "better," I'd say the 5, but not by much.

I have since modified the 5 (just to play around) by increasing the input cap value for more bass, and replaced one of the clipping diodes with an LED. Definitely made it beefier and louder. But you can still hear that tubescreamer heritage.

For me, the tube screamer is good for punching an amp that already has a pretty hairy tone. But not much good on it's own. Hence, all the variants are basically the same to me. Kinda the difference between Folger's and Maxwell House.

16. vegetablejoe

vegetablejoe Tele-Holic

Inspite of already having the TS808 circuit in my Ibanez amp, I like to have the TS Mini on my board for the compact footprint when I'm using a different amp.

But I most love the right side of the VS-XO for its versatility.

17. Tacotuesday

Tacotuesday Tele-Meister

I recently picked up a Kokko FOD3. Put SHO clone after it, then into an almost-clean AC10C1 : sounds like a million bucks. :)

18. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Afflicted

TS-9 mini, got it today... tucks away in a corner of my Boss BCB-30, making it a four-pedal board now.

19. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

I've had a Digitech Bad Monkey on my board for years and I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon.

20. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.