The Saturday Tone Lounge Spotlight

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
I missed this being stuck in Japan but it was very near my home. Mark Lettieri live at Guitar Sanctuary. I cant wait until we start trying to rebuild a live music scene.. :(. Enjoy! :p

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
Yer running the risk of this being the Mark Lettieri thread! And that's cool-he's a great player.

Here's another one imo. Barney with his Gibson ES 350 with a Charlie Christian (of course!) pickup added. His amps are harder to pin down, mostly because of his long career. He was seen with a lot of them. For the Poll Winners albums late 50's to early 60's I think it was a Gibson GA50T with the 12 and 8 inch speakers. After that he used BF Fenders before switching to Polytones. This vid sounds like a Fender, maybe a Deluxe Reverb due to the crispness? Unlike many jazz players from this era Barney didn't sound like a blanket was over his amp.

Last edited:

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
Eric Gales and Andy Timmons mind meld on Little Wing. Great sound from both!

Eric takes a few liberties with Hendrix’s tune with very fun results!

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
Sorry, I missed this last night. Here's my late entry-Ry Cooder with one of his Coodercasters. It sports a Valco lap steel pickup with the backing bridge plate in the bridge position and a Teisco gold foil pickup in the bridge position (both given to him by David Lindley). I don't know what amp he's using but the touch sensitivity of this rig is off the hook. You can really hear it when he hits a string hard or soft or anywhere in between.