The Rolling Stones - Hey Negrita

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Black and Blue was the last Stones album I bought, on vinyl. Nostalgic, thinking about it......

:cool:

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
A VERY underrated album.

I think it wasn’t as widely touted because it kinda meandered—they were trying out different guitarists (most people think the excellent Mr. Wood was the only choice, but he wasn’t—he was just the front-runner), and there was some stylistic detours—ballads, early disco, funk, reggae and of course, regular ol’ rock and roll.

I love how Ron Wood can simultaneously play loose, sloppy and tight, all at once. His solo albums (especially “I’ve Got My Own Album To Do”) are often spectacular.

…and (again) Ollie Brown and Billy Preston! :cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

TeleBackelaer

TDPRI Member
Ok, imma go ahead and necro this one, sorry. I felt my question didn't warrant an entirely new thread and it never hurts to force a bit of dirty 70s Stones on people ;)
Question: what are we hearing here? This isn't just a cranked Ampeg is it? It sounds like some sort of fuzz to me. And of course the follow up: what fuzz could it be? Or is it a combination of a treble boost / cranked amp? Or something entirely different?

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
That was Ronnie's riff. He started that song but didn't get any writers credit.
Heck, he wasn't even a full member of the band until 20 years later.
Yes, that was a great album.

TeleBackelaer

TDPRI Member
I know, he did get some credits but no actual writing credits e.g. royalties if I recall correctly. I see that as him just getting acquinted with business Mick 😄
Still.. what are we hearing here? Fuzz? Something else?

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
The brief shot of charlie watts expression pretty much sums it up, I think
0.jpg