The Ringle Factor: Are your neighbors always outside when you are?

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
I have exactly the same problem but....
I am the Ringle & you are the neighbour with the dogs that bark at every ******* thing in the street.
Nothing personal.

Masmus

Tele-Afflicted
In my old neighbor hood I used to ride my bike for exercise and there would be this older gentleman on one of those scooters you see and we would wave at each other. After about six months we started to talk and it turned out he also played guitar. A while after that he asked if i'd like to see his guitar and then he brings out this 1898 Martin and lets me play it. You never know when being friendly will lead to playing some cool vintage gear.

gitold

Poster Extraordinaire
My sister stayed with me for a week this spring and chuckled at my pontificating about my neighbors (I’m retired). She sent me this shirt. I think you need one.
820137F3-5358-4C47-B39D-C6C28A8FD4EC.jpeg

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
My sister stayed with me for a week this spring and chuckled at my pontificating about my neighbors (I’m retired). She sent me this shirt. I think you need one. View attachment 954953

Rats, you totally stole my joke!

I'm going to type it out anyway. You have experienced the Ringle Factor. But, you suffer from the Mrs. Kravitz effect. Please laugh.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
Our new neighbours are moving in to their house in a couple of weeks time. They bought the house nearly 3 years ago and have had the builders round more or less since then.
I'm not complaining, I'm getting a new wall from them as part of a land swap and moving my oil tank, which was needing replaced anyway.

A few weeks ago after reading this thread, I started referring to them as "The Ringles" (albeit their behaviour has been the opposite).
Mrs K and K-jnr didn't ask why, the just thought I'd invented a name for them. (Miss K and I used to invent bizarre surnames during our father and daughter marathon SIMS games in the 00s. )
TBF, the clan MacRingle were never one of those famous families round these parts.

Anyways, today Mrs K came into the man cave with an armful of Amazon parcels that had gone to their empty neighbour's house over the past few months but were addressed to me.

"These are your missing parcels, they were delivered to the Ringle's house" she said. "Are you going to tell Amazon about it?"

"No chance. Amazon have been a right PITA about this. Some of those parcels were important at the time." I replied.
"There are more important people than Amazon that I have to tell about this"

Mrs K shuffled out of the cave, puzzled and muttering something about smells and opening windows...

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
My dog knows all the dogs in the neighborhood and where they live. She makes friends easily. It's funny that I know a good many neighborhood dogs by name but I don't know their owners. We exchange our dogs' names. Is that nuts? I met a neighbor who moved in last summer last Friday. She's a school teacher. She teaches strings, theory, and conducts junior orchestra. We actually introduced each other first and chatted a bit. I hope I run into her again. She's cuter than her dog.