The Ringle Factor: Are your neighbors always outside when you are?

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
4 year old Irish Wolfhound, he wedges his head under my armpit when we walk, and if I let him put his paws on my shoulders (I don't) , he's a bit over 6.5 feet tall, he's a big dog....
I love big dogs.
I’ve never seen that breed.
Thanks for the pic

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
First bugs start flying. Then fish start moving to eat the bugs. Then birds start moving to eat the fish.

It all has to do with the tides and the moon and sun.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
4 year old Irish Wolfhound, he wedges his head under my armpit when we walk, and if I let him put his paws on my shoulders (I don't) , he's a bit over 6.5 feet tall, he's a big dog....

Looks like a sweet guy.

A 178 lb dog is an Irish Wolfhound or Bull Mastiff. Perfectly manageable. A 178 lb cat is a mountain lion or leopard. A bit of a handful.

CharlieHunterFan

TDPRI Member
My neighbor had one of those when I was growing up. Smartest, most relational dog I’d ever seen at the time.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
We have neighbors across the street who aren't home that much but when they're outside and either my wife or I are too, they walk to the front of their property and start talking. We try to be polite and engage in idle neighborhood chatter but after five minutes we want to break it off. I walk the dog to the corner. They follow. Still jabbering away. If we walk back up our driveway, they cross the street, always maintaining a proper social distance until they reach our sidewalk, but they won't shut up. And it isn't a conversation. They finish each others' sentences so there isn't even a break in their banter to reply. If we say, we're sorry, we have to go, they keep talking from the sidewalk as we walk up the driveway. And then they wait to see if anyone is coming back out. They're possessed.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
The ringle phenomena is a thing. For me, it is in my own house. whatever nook or cranny I want to occupy or am occupying, I suddenly have dogs and people in my ingress or egress or crowded around me. My inner Greta Garbo is howling.
You need MORE HOUSE!

Doctor of Teleocity
Amazon delivery trucks are the Ringle Factor. If you have any neighbors within a stone’s toss, no more peace and quiet. Especially if your dog (rightfully) considers delivery trucks a prototypical embodiment of terrifying futures to come.

I have noticed the Ringle factor all my own life. The hills are always blinking.

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
This is one of the things I've liked about aging. Maybe it's because folks don't look at us as competition or "crazy" because crazy tend to die young. My wife and I can now walk down the block with our two aussies,g o up and down an aisle at a grocery store, arrive at a community event or whatever and the younger folk's give us some space. It's kind of like a "good for you". "You made it".

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
They could be outside? I suppose.... hard to tell from 100 yds away unless they are mowing... ;)

I can do any outside work during the week when they are all working. I don't annoy them on weekends... unless guitar playing friends are here and we turn it up.

you see, if my neighbours don't hear my guitars that often, they ask if I'm OK.;)

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I call this the Ringle factor because we moved here in 1986, the Ringles were here long before us, they lived directly across the street, I noticed a trend a few years later that no matter what time I was outside say taking the garbage out, taking the dogs out, unloading groceries, pick any possibility, pick any time... 4 AM, 9 AM, 3 PM, 5PM , 9PM, 7AM.... They were outside too. They were nice people but older, they both passed away 9 years ago in their late 70s...

The house sold and another younger girl moved in, same thing, no matter when I happened to be outside, she was outside....

A few years later she bought another house and another relative moved in, he gets ready for work at 4:05 AM, so I don't go outside until 4:35, I don't want our 178 pound Irish Wolfhound going nuts barking at his dogs. He gets home a bit before 2PM, so all dogs in before then.

I will purposely wait by my door for a minute or two to check things out, make sure nobody is outside, I then let the dogs out and the sh*t then hits the fan minutes later because someone will either come home, pull up to drop off something, or something else that I have no idea about, I've ran this past my wife when she asks me "Why are you standing by the door?", I just say "Ringle factor", she tells me to just go outside, I do and there is a 78% of poop hitting fan....

I'm writing this because at 10:47 PM with a wind chill of -14F I stuck my head out the door, said to the dogs the coast is clear and out we went, the neighbor is outside about 3 minutes later doing something in his truck, my dogs are going nuts (we have a fully fenced yard), I'm talking to myself out loud asking how he can still be awake when he has to get up for work in about 5 hours, I believe he heard me and thinks I'm nuts because he has heard me before.

Is it possible for a house/piece of land to be posessed? There are too many coincidences in the last 35 years for it to be random, and I'm a logical person, and my wife started buying into my theory about 20 years ago when I noticed this trend.....

Am I nuts???? ;)
No you’re not nuts. If you had quieter dogs you’d never notice.

koen

Friend of Leo's
I noticed a trend a few years later that no matter what time I was outside say taking the garbage out, taking the dogs out, unloading groceries, pick any possibility, pick any time... 4 AM, 9 AM, 3 PM, 5PM , 9PM, 7AM.... They were outside too.

They probably said the same thing about you.

nvilletele

Friend of Leo's
Everyone knows what happens if you open a can of Ringles . . .
Probably your own fault.
d10d7bcd-b3a9-3903-b184-40ad33b63dbc.png

rz350

Friend of Leo's
OK, this can't be coincidence, my property is posessed.

I just took the dogs out at 10:06 PM, all dark across the street, nothing going on anywhere in the neighborhood, -6 wind chill so I'm kinda in a hurry to get back inside.

10:08, the Ringle neigbhor comes rolling around the corner in his truck, backs in his driveway, my dogs are going nuts, the Wolfhound sounds like an air raid siren jumping on the fence, I politely ask the dog to come inside, which surprisingly he does, with me muttering to myself out loud about this property being posessed and the spirit of the Ringle family still existing. My neighbor thinks I'm weird.

I'll make a bet with anyone here, I'll put up my '68 Stratocaster, You pick a time tomorrow morning between say 3AM and 5AM, If my dogs start whining to go out and I let them out and my neighbor is not outside within say 4 minutes, I'll send you the Stratocaster....

I'll time stamp a pic or video or whatever you want.

Also, the dogs can't hear the neighbor that I know of, we have a white noise generator in our room with the door closed, so I've eliminated that from the equation.

I'm not crazy..... ;) maybe I am.... :)

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
There’s a weird woman who walks or really drags her 2 tiny dogs right down the middle of the street. Every time I go outside she’s there.
And her dogs bark constantly and she sometimes slaps them with a fly swatter. I do not condone that.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
It's possible the Ringles were always outside because the stench from the corpses they buried in the crawlspace was overwhelming inside. The lingering spirits of all those innocent victims could account for the new owners hanging out in the yard as well. Next time they're gone for the weekend, get a lantern and a shovel and do some digging. And we want to see pictures! 👻💀