The Ringle Factor: Are your neighbors always outside when you are?

rz350

Friend of Leo's
I call this the Ringle factor because we moved here in 1986, the Ringles were here long before us, they lived directly across the street, I noticed a trend a few years later that no matter what time I was outside say taking the garbage out, taking the dogs out, unloading groceries, pick any possibility, pick any time... 4 AM, 9 AM, 3 PM, 5PM , 9PM, 7AM.... They were outside too. They were nice people but older, they both passed away 9 years ago in their late 70s...

The house sold and another younger girl moved in, same thing, no matter when I happened to be outside, she was outside....

A few years later she bought another house and another relative moved in, he gets ready for work at 4:05 AM, so I don't go outside until 4:35, I don't want our 178 pound Irish Wolfhound going nuts barking at his dogs. He gets home a bit before 2PM, so all dogs in before then.

I will purposely wait by my door for a minute or two to check things out, make sure nobody is outside, I then let the dogs out and the sh*t then hits the fan minutes later because someone will either come home, pull up to drop off something, or something else that I have no idea about, I've ran this past my wife when she asks me "Why are you standing by the door?", I just say "Ringle factor", she tells me to just go outside, I do and there is a 78% of poop hitting fan....

I'm writing this because at 10:47 PM with a wind chill of -14F I stuck my head out the door, said to the dogs the coast is clear and out we went, the neighbor is outside about 3 minutes later doing something in his truck, my dogs are going nuts (we have a fully fenced yard), I'm talking to myself out loud asking how he can still be awake when he has to get up for work in about 5 hours, I believe he heard me and thinks I'm nuts because he has heard me before.

Is it possible for a house/piece of land to be posessed? There are too many coincidences in the last 35 years for it to be random, and I'm a logical person, and my wife started buying into my theory about 20 years ago when I noticed this trend.....

Am I nuts???? ;)

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
I say this with all humor- but in one of those instances where you hear somebody all bent out of shape because of someone else, and the someone else has no idea of any problem, do you think the neighbors know about your timetables to the minute? You know his 4:05, does he know your 4:45? I'm seriously teasing, as I have my own little hell, in the form of a very large schmuck that has lived around this house rent free, taking advantage of the elderly lady who owns my house. He just shows up whenever smokes like a chimney stinks the whole house up, and she's at the point where she can't even smell. She takes pity on him even though she basically knows he gambles away his disability checks, and will give him food, which often turns out to be mine, but from experience there's no telling her anything. I think she has a imaginary romance and he is aware and takes full advantage. It used to be more tolerable as he would go back to jail because he would screw up with probation, but it seems nowadays even after being caught at the probation office trying to pry an emblem off of a car for his own which now is parked broken on the side of our yard, they wouldn't even arrest him for that. Everything this guy does creates baggage... He found a rabbit and dropped it off here now I'm cleaning up after it, and it's street sweeping tomorrow-I would usually put my car in the driveway but her car is there because the garage is the temporary home for the rabbit. My second parking space would be of course where this doofus's car is. She has given me half of the garage to use as a shop or whatever, but I would have to be there 24/7. As it is I had an amplifier on my bench for a recapping and the "kit" I ordered with the caps and parts and such disappeared... Oh man you started this but I could go on and on, haha. I'll go grab a picture of the rabbit to end on a more fun note, before I keep snowballing...hey! That'll be extra funny when you see the rabbit. At least it's domesticated/tame, and actually goes to the bathroom in a cat box, I didn't even know they do that. Trying to find a home for it now.

Attachments

• 164318079375871486874.jpg
    164318079375871486874.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 16431808569861616000177.jpg
    16431808569861616000177.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 19
  • 16431809621151045756435.jpg
    16431809621151045756435.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 17

Greenmachine

Tele-Afflicted
I think I used to live next to the Ringles crazy aunt. Every time my kid went on the rope swing she was out there. She thought she owned the tree.

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
My current neighbors smoke. Incessantly. There's always smoke drifting in whenever we open a window or such to get some fresh air inside.
Don't know their name but we call them The Smokyfers. Some nights ago Mrs. Skyhook nailed the point when she said
the following after hearing one of the neighbors coughing in the yard at like 2:00am: "Ah... Smokyfer's out because it's always o'clock".

They also have a baby that's constantly screaming and one older kid who ticks all the boxes for "Crotch Goblin".
Helpful image below for those of you who are unfamiliar with the term.

3bd3f31caeb79d55d053723e8ae362c155683d94cfd509a06d3b57b3d25adb5d_1.jpg

Fun fact: They smoke ground up disused car tires. Source: My nose.

Crafty Fox

Tele-Afflicted
There are too many coincidences in the last 35 years for it to be random, and I'm a logical person, and my wife started buying into my theory about 20 years ago when I noticed this trend.....

Am I nuts???? ;)
It only took 15 years to convince your wife!!! That's pretty good. My wife never believed me about anything in our almost 30 years together. Which is partly why she is now an ex wife.:rolleyes:

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
No, I think I am the neighbor who is always outside when they go out though...
Because... Always outside.
They have two dogs who are afraid to go outside, in part because whenever they go outside they see me, shriek like little piglets and run back inside.
The neighbors pretend not to see me.
Dont wave. Dont wave. DOH!
I smile and wave.
I am always outside smiling and waving.
Cars drive by. Toot the horn. I just smile and wave. I have no idea who it is, they just toot, I just wave.

Hi!🖐

I am thinking I need a life like cutout of myself to put out in the yard, waving- so I can get a moments rest.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I call this the Ringle factor because we moved here in 1986, the Ringles were here long before us, they lived directly across the street, I noticed a trend a few years later that no matter what time I was outside say taking the garbage out, taking the dogs out, unloading groceries, pick any possibility, pick any time... 4 AM, 9 AM, 3 PM, 5PM , 9PM, 7AM.... They were outside too. They were nice people but older, they both passed away 9 years ago in their late 70s...

The house sold and another younger girl moved in, same thing, no matter when I happened to be outside, she was outside....

A few years later she bought another house and another relative moved in, he gets ready for work at 4:05 AM, so I don't go outside until 4:35, I don't want our 178 pound Irish Wolfhound going nuts barking at his dogs. He gets home a bit before 2PM, so all dogs in before then.

I will purposely wait by my door for a minute or two to check things out, make sure nobody is outside, I then let the dogs out and the sh*t then hits the fan minutes later because someone will either come home, pull up to drop off something, or something else that I have no idea about, I've ran this past my wife when she asks me "Why are you standing by the door?", I just say "Ringle factor", she tells me to just go outside, I do and there is a 78% of poop hitting fan....

I'm writing this because at 10:47 PM with a wind chill of -14F I stuck my head out the door, said to the dogs the coast is clear and out we went, the neighbor is outside about 3 minutes later doing something in his truck, my dogs are going nuts (we have a fully fenced yard), I'm talking to myself out loud asking how he can still be awake when he has to get up for work in about 5 hours, I believe he heard me and thinks I'm nuts because he has heard me before.

Is it possible for a house/piece of land to be posessed? There are too many coincidences in the last 35 years for it to be random, and I'm a logical person, and my wife started buying into my theory about 20 years ago when I noticed this trend.....

Am I nuts???? ;)
Obviously, you need to better organize the neighborhood schedule, so that outside activities are staggered for every resident. If YOU are the organizer, you can claim the best spots on the calendar. Just make sure your neighbors are aware of their allotted times, and stick to them.
I wonder if the guy across the street is on some other discussion website, and is posting HIS version of this situation there. ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
No, I think I am the neighbor who is always outside when they go out though...
Because... Always outside.
They have two dogs who are afraid to go outside, in part because whenever they go outside they see me, shriek like little piglets and run back inside.
The neighbors pretend not to see me.
Dont wave. Dont wave. DOH!
I smile and wave.
I am always outside smiling and waving.
Cars drive by. Toot the horn. I just smile and wave. I have no idea who it is, they just toot, I just wave.

Hi!🖐

I am thinking I need a life like cutout of myself to put out in the yard, waving- so I can get a moments rest.
The wife and I take our dog for a walk every evening. People drive by, honk, wave, grin, it's like their own grandpa, and grandma are right there for them to wave at! We have no clue who most of them are. It's kind of cool though. A young guy stopped one day and said out the window, "you have a beautiful dog" then drove away! Now there's no living with Alex, he thinks he's a star! One guy gives him a compliment, and he's a big shot!