The REAL scoop on Susan Tedeschi's Tele?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kestrou

TDPRI Member
Yes, I'm a player, but I'm one of those guys with more dollars than talent so I have more guitars than I can play - and I enjoy having guitars that are "artist model" or replicas of the artist model signed by the artist.

I have a Derek Trucks signature model SG signed by him, and am dying to get a Susan Tedeschi Telecaster - problem is there's not an official "artist model", so I'm trying to figure out exactly what it is she has...

From my Googling, it's a 93 or 94 - but what is the name of the exact color green?

I've been scouring the want ads here, eBay, and Craigslist with no success over the past six months.

Since I can't find one to buy, maybe if I get the color *right* then I can have the Fender Custom Shop build one?

Any help appreciated! :)

kestrou

FenderGyrl

Poster Extraordinaire
I own one, I bought it in 93 or 94. Mine is all stock. Maple neck. White pick guard. I will post pictures of it tonight. I was told the color was Caribbean Green when I bought mine from an authorized Fender dealer.

GeoB

Tele-Holic
I had a mid 90's strat in that color, some college dude sold it to me for 80 bucks, my nephew is now the proud owner and operator. He loves it, I could never get it to match my shoes.

Lobomov

Friend of Leo's
If you want to order a CS tele made especially for you, I'm pretty sure you don't have to research susans color yourself.

nasonm

Friend of Leo's
I preferred it with the Winnie the Pooh stickers from Just Won't Burn

susan_tedeschi_just_wont.jpg

imac

TDPRI Member
Actually, the color is called Caribbean Mist

I used to own 1993 in that color - great guitar.

kestrou

TDPRI Member
I own one, I bought it in 93 or 94. Mine is all stock. Maple neck. White pick guard. I will post pictures of it tonight. I was told the color was Caribbean Green when I bought mine from an authorized Fender dealer.

Looking forward to the pics! :)

kestrou

Jake D

Tele-Holic
Carribean green? Now we're sharing the same dream. And our hearts can beat as one.

No more love on the run.

Actually, I thought it was LPB too. And a MIM standard from the early '90s. Beyond that, I don't know jack. It could be LPB that has yellowed a bit on the poly level and it is greening up nicely.

InkStained

Tele-Meister
I've had my 93 American Standard Tele since, well, 93. But I always thought of it as *my* Telecaster, not Susan Tedeschi's.

34FB7E8D-CB53-44E1-84AB-4AE6A0A123D9_zpszeeiw0bp.jpg

A25B3715-ED6B-4B4F-A1E6-2A26FB58F837_zpsb5yzzi2l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.