The Professionals - American Professional Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by dreamingtele, May 17, 2017.

1. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Wow! lovely tele's you got there!

While I love the necks on the ampros, I changed mine into a fatter 1 inch all through, rosewood neck..

[​IMG]

I used the body this time because what I had was a two piece feather light one and the maple and rosewood neck was even heavier than the body.. I never thought that those bodies would be used in ampros and only in custom shop teles as it is feather light and two-piece, but I got lucky..

unfortunately, a grail came into the picture and I had to trade-in my ampro for it.. an AVRI 62 Telecaster.. Hoping I can get another AmPro in the future as I love the white/rosewood combo.

[​IMG]

2. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Here are the latest photos (taken today after a pickup swap) of my Mystic Red American Standard with an American PROFESSIONAL neck, with Fender locking tuners.

The pickups are Fender CS Twisted Tele neck and Broadcaster bridge. Awesome neck/awesome guitar!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

horax and eclecticsynergy like this.
  3. dreamingtele

I do like this combo of Broadcaster and Twisted Tele.. reminds me of my Baja 50's I used to have.

4. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

The funny thing is... I bought this 2012 American Standard as a stripped down BODY only. Then, added my choices for pickups, electronics, necks, etc. And I've changed it all up several times over the years, with humbuckers, mini-humbuckers, etc.

And now, here we are in 2019 and I just installed the same Fender CS Twisted Tele & Broadcaster pickup combination that the guitar was originally built to run! (They are take-off pickups from someone else' 2012 American Standard!) What a HOOT.

Last year I moved the American Standard neck that I had put on it to another Tele and installed the American Professional neck that's on it now. I almost always buy my Fender bodies and necks as separates, then mix and match as desired.

[​IMG]

5. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Tele-Afflicted

That Mystic Red is a gorgeous color!

DHart likes this.
  6. Velorex

Velorex Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Noiseless?
    Am i the only one that can hear no noise on AM Pro Guitar in position two?
    What about those V mod pickups?

velorex

7. ReggiedaDog

ReggiedaDog Tele-Meister

apart from the great example from DHart has anyone else swapped the bodies on these- I own a sonc gray Am Pro but Ive got a fiesta red double bound body on order for a previously planned build and thinking of swapping over.

Also if you did so did you tint the neck- the headstock and back of neck is almost white!

8. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

As of last week, I now have one more American Professional "hybrid" - this is a 2018 American Professional rosewood neck, mated to a 2013 American Standard Jade Pearl body. The rosewood on this sample is especially dark - almost as dark as ebony.

I found the body on the internet; it's a "replacement" Fender American Standard body that was still new and had never been "loaded". Didn't even have holes drilled for the pick guard or control panel. I bought it purely because I just love the Jade Pearl color and that has been extremely difficult to find as body-only. Fender only offered the color for a couple of years, 2012-2013 I believe. Now, for 2019, Fender has brought back the Jade Pearl Metallic color, but only available on Elite models.

Neck pickup is a custom Cavalier Lioness, with 1000 fewer turns than standard, for a little more brightness (to which I have attached an open top cover). Bridge pickup is a Cavalier Nashville. They sound glorious. Switch is Switchcraft toggle; 460k (measured) volume pot, 250k No-Load tone pot, .015 uF capacitor, and '50s wiring scheme with cloth push-back wire. Needless to say, I love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    ickylick likes this.
  9. quartermiler45

quartermiler45 Tele-Meister

DHart and ickylick like this.
  10. DNukem

DNukem TDPRI Member

I've never played a guitar i like as much as my professional...great guitars!!! Tele.JPG

DHart likes this.
  11. Velorex

Velorex Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Neck dating meaningless

There is a new 2019 model of the Ampro in light ash
    on the Fender side with a neck from 2017.
    Very interesting.

velorex

12. Aaron1061

Aaron1061 Tele-Holic

picked this up in mint condition second hand for a great deal. It is the best tele ive had BY FAR. neck fits like a glove and its only a little over 7 lbs!

beats the MJT's, american standards, and even suhr classic t pro ive had, easily.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190709200707464_COVER.jpg IMG_20190709_200554.jpg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    DHart likes this.
  13. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Congrats.... that's a beauty. And 7 lbs - nice!

14. dreamingtele

Welcome to the group! woohoo!

Nice guitar!!

Though, Im so curious, I havent played a Suhr, and always wanted one, but dont want to pull the trigger because they have compound radius among other things, but For you to say it beats it, what makes the Suhr less of a match to the Am Pro?

15. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Holic

I would say that comparison should be done on a guitar by guitar basis.

I've played a Suhr classic pro T that would eat most team built CS teles for breakfast.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.