1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Police - Synchronicity II 2008 Live Video HD

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by ping-ping-clicka, Nov 26, 2020.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

CORP NOT PEOPLE.jpg

2. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

I like Andy Summers wardrobe, back in the 80’s you’d have a nice jacket made like that (ala Eric Johnson at Austin City Limits)

Now it’s just “I’m too old for this crap, I’ll just throw on a hoodie with print”

3. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

It's a bit of nostalgia? .. I believe it's the actual 80s jacket he is wearing .. It's definately the actual 80s shoes (or at least a replica). There is a chapter in his book "One train later" that describes how a took a can of pink spray paint and made those shoes (while ruining the hotel bath room) in a moment of inspiration.

Then he wore those shoes at all their concerts until the Police disbanded

4. cmm71

cmm71 Tele-Meister

"One Train Later" is such a good auto-biography that I've recently started re-reading it. Its so much more than a celebrity tell-all account of rock and roll vice and weakness. Andy's life is pretty interesting, and he's articulate enough to tell his story well. One thing that really caught me off guard is that Andy was actually around and fairly relevant during the late 60s. He was on the scene when Clapton and Hendrix were breaking through. He was in the final version of Eric Burdon's Animals. He was in the running to join the Stones (they chose Ronnie Wood instead). He was old by industry standards when he finally found his success. Most others would likely have given up. Fascinating life.

Slip Kid likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.