• IMG_20220221_145341437.jpg
    IMG_20220221_145341437.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_20220221_145606231.jpg
    IMG_20220221_145606231.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 244

Tmcqtele65

Tele-Meister
Ha! Is that your foot to the left? Like a giddy school child sitting on the floor opening an awesome Christmas gift!
You are correct.
This morning I finished the first volume: "The Pioneers". I have to say this is quite an impressive effort. Very well written, and the photography is sensational. Every guitar featured (for which an existing example could be found) is demonstrated through videos on the accompanying app. The demonstrator is talented and informative. (Although, he starts every demonstration with "Here we have the....." I've started to recite it along with him, like I used to recite Norm's shop safety speech on New Yankee Workshop.) It's truly amazing how great these guitars from the 1930's sound.
Very satisfied with this purchase.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
You are correct.
This morning I finished the first volume: "The Pioneers". I have to say this is quite an impressive effort. Very well written, and the photography is sensational. Every guitar featured (for which an existing example could be found) is demonstrated through videos on the accompanying app. The demonstrator is talented and informative. (Although, he starts every demonstration with "Here we have the....." I've started to recite it along with him, like I used to recite Norm's shop safety speech on New Yankee Workshop.) It's truly amazing how great these guitars from the 1930's sound.
Very satisfied with this purchase.
it is indeed impressive

I haven’t used the app yet seems like it will add to the experience

I like looking at the spec’s, a lot of the teles are in the 8 pound range, take that! “It needs to be under 7” Folks!

Rasher

Tele-Meister
The other thing that should be lauded is the sublime playing of Julian Lage.
I'm sure some of the early instruments, like the 30s Dobros and Nationals, must be something of a struggle, but he just makes everything so fluid and natural.
What an amazing musician and guitar player.
This element of the tome has been a real joy to me.