The Pinecaster Book due in 2021

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Instant collectors version of the collectors version!

US_Airmail_inverted_Jenny_24c_1918_issue.jpg

66tele

TDPRI Member
I ordered my copy the same day I received the pre-order notice, July 25th. The pre-order price was 260 Euros, not the retail price of 360 Euros. I'm on Nacho's email list as I own two of his reproduction Blackguards (no tears please! :cry:). Received my copy on December 1st. My Pinecaster set is #0023, same serial number as my second Nacho Blackguard. No reversed pages in Book II. Both Nacho Blackguards, the Pinecaster set and my copies of the Blackguard Book will be inherited by my son. And, no, I'm not going to adopt any of you! ;)

66tele

TDPRI Member
The photography in the Pinecaster set is fantastic. Something that struck me is how well the finish on Nacho's reproduction Blackguard guitars match the original, authentic, Blackguard guitars. I don't know how he achieves the aged finishes on his reproductions (likely a "trade secret"), but they do look authentic. I can well imagine that his process is time-consuming.
So many "reliced" guitars, even the Fender Custom shop guitars, look fake to me. So many are over-done. My opinion!

Hibernian

TDPRI Member
Just to update -- no upside down pages in my Vol 2, or anywhere else yet, but this one is going to take some time to get through. Expensive? Yes but this set is the embodiment of 'labor of love'. I no longer remember what I paid but I will enjoy this book over many years I hope.

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
Just to update -- no upside down pages in my Vol 2, or anywhere else yet, but this one is going to take some time to get through. Expensive? Yes but this set is the embodiment of 'labor of love'. I no longer remember what I paid but I will enjoy this book over many years I hope.

Would love to hear from anyone using he APP.

I thought it seemed like a gimmick at first (not a big fan of combining books with a computer), but am hearing its pretty cool

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
FYI , update from them on shipping

Thanks for your email and your support to the Pinecaster book collection project.

We are shipping about 50 book collections every day and we are trying our best to complete shipping of the 1000 pre-ordered copies shipped during the next couple weeks – (those with order/purchase date before November 3rd.)

Books with order/purchase dates after November 3rd will start shipping thereafter.

The reason being is they are being hot stamped with serial numbers now and this is the last step in the process.

The holidays, crazy COVID situation and the logistic congestion have also put us a little behind schedule, but believe me when I say we are trying hard to get them all shipped asap
😉
!

I can’t confirm an exact date for your order but we hope to have all shipments cleared in the next 4 to 6 weeks, so by early February all backorders will be out and we will be shipping everyday orders on time.

You will receive an email with UPS tracking as soon as it is out.

Again, thank you for your patience, I hope it’s worth the wait!

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
Great podcast here, Nacho and the book. He seems like the nicest sweetest guy.

milocj

Friend of Leo's
Don't forget to join the club.

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
Don't forget to join the club.

Yep, you have me listed as 504! :)