The Old Man revisited.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Someone posted about the Old Man tv series with Jeff Bridges. I watched the first three episodes and am looking forward to the next episode which is supposed to air Thursday. So far it seems like a cross between 24, John Wick, and cooking for your loved ones while petting your dog. I kind of liked it, but I'm not sure why. I'm into it now, there's only seven episodes so I'm almost halfway through it, guess I'll stick it out. The back story on Bridges's health is maybe more interesting than the show itself. Also, the backstory explains why Bridges looks so frail in the series.

Man, I am older than Mr. Bridges and have seen his father come and go, but it seems that the two of us have gotten old while I wasn't looking. I am indeed thankful at my age I'm not having to beat up guys less than a third my age, I guess old Jeff is REALLY tough!

Hiker

Poster Extraordinaire
After watching episodes 1-2 in one evening, I was looking forward to the third installment last week. It did not disappoint. The end of episode 3 at the trunk of the car left me wondering what is next!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
After watching episodes 1-2 in one evening, I was looking forward to the third installment last week. It did not disappoint. The end of episode 3 at the trunk of the car left me wondering what is next!
I'm figuring he had to stuff Zoe in the trunk to get her to shut up. I hope she's still breathing.

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Yep. It was me. I like it.

Lithgow’s great too.

And I really haven’t called BS on too much of the action, since the dogs do their part.

And on a very sidenote, if you like the actress that plays the young CIA agent, who we also learn quite early is “a relation”, she’s in a fantastic movie with Ed Helm and John C Reilly called “Cedar Rapids”.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah the commercial jumped out at me. On my list of things to watch. I love everything I’ve seen of his.

Last edited:

TC6969

Friend of Leo's
I like the Ally McBeal weirdness that they throw in every now and then!

Like the drunk driving scene in ep2.

I really thought he had killed two cops and then her, then all of a sudden""PING! the cop is in his face telling him he had to drive her home!

Then it is revealed that the daughter he has been communicating with has been dead for years!

That's some quality M. Knight Shamalama weirdness right there!

teleplayr

Friend of Leo's
So far I'm really liking it.

I'm worried that it'll wind-up like some of the other shows I really liked and end up on a channel you have to pay for.

Hiker

Poster Extraordinaire
This one is shown on FX and Hulu (Hulu requires a subscription, and I've been catching it there).

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I've been enjoying it as well. One thing that I thought that was worth remarking on is the casting of the younger versions of the Bridges and Lithgow characters...those actors are nailing the mannerisms very well. I'm enjoying the series.
I thought the same. The young Lithgow is uncanny in how he has immersed himself in his role. "John" is very good too.

boneyguy

Doctor of Teleocity
I thought the same. The young Lithgow is uncanny in how he has immersed himself in his role. "John" is very good too.
Yes, the young 'Lithgow' is uncanny....very impressive. I actually thought that maybe that guy isn't acting...maybe those are really his natural mannerisms...a doppleganger sort of thing because it's so accurate.