1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The oficial return of the Telecaster bass?

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by Blazer, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Cadfael

Cadfael Tele-Meister

I think the prefix "LOTTO" is correct ...
    It is a lottery game when Fender remembers its own history - and most of the time it's a washout ... :(

Making a "Telecaster III" Bass - okay.
    Build in a second Seth Lover pickup - okay.
    Take many attributes of a Telecaster Deluxe guitar - okay.

But when the "Telecaster III" Bass models itself on the Telecaster Deluxe, why a "51 headstock"? To my mind, a "real Telecaster Deluxe Bass" (and that's what the body looks like) has to have a "Stratocaster headstock" > "Precision 57 headstock" ...

2. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Yeccchhh! Original Tele bass/Precision bass was fine as it was, that thing is awful!

3. porgy

porgy Tele-Meister

The Lotto Bass looks like a Hybrid model. A Jazz bass neck a semi P Bass and Tele body and a bad color. My opinion. I like the original designs. If it's gonna be a P Bass make it a P Bass, if it's gonna be a Tele make a Tele, not a Hybrid. Out of both the P Bass and T Bass, I like the T Bass. Looks more like a mans bass. Not a sissy bass.

4. bargeon

bargeon TDPRI Member

Beauty is in the eye . . .

To me that's the muscovy duck of basses. It looks like a duck, quacks like a duck but . . .

[​IMG]

5. guitar1amp2000

guitar1amp2000 Tele-Meister

I'm working on one to match a Tele I built to commemorate the band I played in back in the 60's.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.