1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The NUX MG30 is cool, but how does it compare to the Line6 HX Stomp?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by KrenarCilku, Mar 26, 2021.

1. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku Tele-Meister

Hey guys!

I had a loaner hx stomp that blew me away and I sold all my pedals to buy one.

Along the way, I came across this new NUX MG30, it sounded cool, it looked cool and it was way more affordable than the Stomp.

I pulled the trigger, got one to shoot it out against the stomp and this video came to be.

Let me know what you think, I appreciate that!

Alex_C likes this.
  2. oyobass

oyobass Tele-Meister

You still seem to have the only independent review of the MG-30 on YouTube. Thanks in part to your input, I pre-ordered one yesterday.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  3. Alex_C

Alex_C Tele-Meister

Good video, enjoy your playing. I sold my Helix LT and went back to a tube amp. I miss the Helix at times and may pickup the NUX to scratch that itch. Love the portability of a small modeler.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  4. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku Tele-Meister

That's awesome man! Enjoy it, it's a really good product! cheers!

5. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku Tele-Meister

Thank you so much bud! I'm pretty sure the NUX will scratch that itch! cheers!

Alex_C likes this.
  6. Cosmic Cowboy

Cosmic Cowboy Tele-Meister

Interesting. I am a big Helix Lover. I use one every week for church services. I have a Floor, and last year bought a Pod Go.

Anyone who can't get professional tone out of one of these units hasn't spent time on the editor shaping their tones.

That being said, there is certainly room for improvement. There are settings that still produce 'digital chirp' and other digital artifacts. The features are constantly being improved upon and each update is better than the last.

That means that they will continue to improve, and better units are out already (the quad core from Neural seems pretty badass) and I believe the next generation 'Dual Helix' already preparing to ramp up production.

As technology improves, these things will only get better, rendering the stuff we own essentially obsolete.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  7. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku Tele-Meister

Hey buddy!

As I always say, we're living in a golden era of gear!

Cheers and stay safe!

Cosmic Cowboy likes this.
  8. oyobass

oyobass Tele-Meister

Just checked in to my Zzounds account. Arrival day changed from 4/23 to:

On Order- This item has been ordered from the manufacturer. We do not have an expected date for this shipment yet, but will post one as soon as it is available.
    :(
    They seem to be having a hard time getting through US Customs for some reason.

Like waiting for Christmas, but Santa keeps pushing the date back...

KrenarCilku likes this.
  9. oyobass

oyobass Tele-Meister

Not til JULY 2021.jpg

Well, I think I'll withdraw my preorder... I'll revisit the thought of getting the MG-30 in July, maybe. What a darn shame that the shipments can't keep up with the hype machine.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.