1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The new CV 60s Jazzmaster?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Strato50, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

So this guy wants to trade me one. It’s a 2019 model. They seem to have upgraded them. Bone nut , mustang bridge and Fender designed pickups. And a beefier neck. Has anyone tried one out. I have to drive 40 mins to get it. Feedback appreciated.

2. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

I bought myself one for Christmas after seeing Avi Bortnick play one on YouTube. Generally speaking, I like it, but obviously, you get what you pay for.

The components are cheap, of course, and the frets were in pretty bad shape It took quite a bit of elbow grease to get them to a point where my index finger didn't take a beating while sliding up and down the neck. Even after dressing the frets, I found myself reaching for other, higher quality guitars because of playability and comfort. So a few weeks ago, I raised the bridge, reset the intonation, and tuned it to open E. Now I use it exclusively for slide playing.

I'm no expert by any means, but I like the sound of the pickups, and I've even found the dark switch to be functional, and not just an unuseable relic of a bygone era.

So I guess that my takeaway is that it's a lot of guitar for the price, but it's nowhere near the quality of, say, Fender's player series. I'm glad I've got it, but I would say that, having purchased it new, it was worth the money, and not the deal of a lifetime.

Strato50 likes this.
  3. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

I went and got it ....total setup done and the bone nut lowered. Killer little guitar. I got lucky no sharp or high frets. He got it from Sweetheart so maybe that helped. Way better than the vintage modified I bought new. These pups sound like a Jazzmaster should. I’ll get a video of it. Glad I made the drive. Still had all the plastic on it.

Attached Files:

Matthias and CajunJ like this.
  4. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Nice score.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.