1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The New Classic Vibe '50s BSB is revealed!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Kentelecaster, Apr 4, 2011.

1. gregjhonda

gregjhonda Tele-Meister

2. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

That's a real beaut, Greg. congrats and thanx for the pix!

3. BeatlesAreMyJam

BeatlesAreMyJam Tele-Afflicted

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  4. vonasemj

vonasemj Tele-Meister

I was hoping to hold off on one of these for at least another month, but after seeing these pics and getting a coupon yesterday for 10% off, the GAS really kicked in I just had to give MF a call. I should have mine next week.

5. 3 Chord

3 Chord Friend of Leo's

Looks like a bender to me.

6. Doug C

Doug C Tele-Meister

Where are you guys getting these discounts? I need one too. ;)

7. Bunn

Bunn TDPRI Member

AGREED

8. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Could not disagree more. The details are where these CVs shine. And to say they are "too expensive" for what they are,... well,... is total nonsense. CARs don't do it for me, never have. They tend to look dime-store cheap, IMO. Too many knockoffs with the same tint ruins it for me. Dark sunbursts are the way to go and much more sought after than the bright ones... just one (experienced) man's opinion.

9. vonasemj

vonasemj Tele-Meister

You can actually have one sent to you by clicking on a link on Guitar Center's site, but I just called MF and said that I have a coupon for 10% off at GC. They asked what coupon it was and I said it was the "Not you average 10% off coupon." They person on the phone checked with his manager and told me they would match it.

10. Rockergirl21

Rockergirl21 TDPRI Member

Thanks!

and thanks 3chord, who told me it's a bender....I'll check that out!

11. drb1346

drb1346 Tele-Afflicted

I've been following this thread for over a week now, and today the G.A.S got so bad I had to expell it. Just pulled the trigger at Sweetwater. Theyve not arrived there yet, but I saved 9% on sales tax because MF's warehouse is in Missouri. Can't wait for my baby to arrive!!

12. mista breeze

mista breeze Tele-Meister

Good things come..to all those who wait.....was first thing that hit my mind, when I saw this thread. I havent been to this tele forum about a month..been playing my Strat and Les Paul a lot....today decided to see whats new.
    When I saw this thread, I smiled. I was itching to get the previous Squier CV in white...but the color just didnt sell me. I was hoping they would come out with a natural /butterscotch color. Here it is...and the video from MusicMesse in Frankfurt really nailed it for me....I will be ordering one of these.

13. vonasemj

vonasemj Tele-Meister

Mine just arrived! It is everything I had hoped for. I may eventually swap the neck pickup for a hotter alnico 3 broadcaster style pickup, but it is staying as is for now. The neck is even quarter sawn. Most custom neck builders charge more for that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. BeatlesAreMyJam

Biutiful. I want!

Congrats and enjoy!

15. Doug C

Doug C Tele-Meister

Dang, I'm not seeing the BSB now either on the stupid MF website... what could be there problem getting this thing to stay visible to potential customers. btw, I cleared my history too like was previously suggested, and I'm on a Mac. Sorry to rant.

16. Hiflyer

Hiflyer Tele-Afflicted

The color is nice, congratulations ! And thanks for the pictures.

17. BeatlesAreMyJam

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  18. cfender

cfender Tele-Meister

Yeah. I need one. The color is good. Not like the original images that were first shown.

BBS is my favorite color and since this has the same pickups as the CVC, it could likley replace my CVC as my #1.

If I can get an exceptional example I might actually get rid of my CV50 and/or CVC. I never liked the color of the CV50.

19. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

I don't know why they don't show a pic of the BSB but on the regular CV50's page you can select the colour option on the right and order it - they're in stock.
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...be-Telecaster-50s-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519376

like I said before:
    we got the pics - they got the fiddle ;)

and congrats, vonasemj - she looks mighty fine.

20. Doug C

Doug C Tele-Meister

Alamo - thanks for the help I appreciate it BUT, I don't even see the option over on the right to choose the color... is it somewhere around the quantity selector and the "add to cart" area? "cause I'm not seeing it. Actually I didn't really expect to see the picture of it when I went there last night, when i said (in my previous post) that I don't see it anymore, I really meant the color option. But I have seen the option in the past (just can't remember the spot on the page, etc).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.