The near-weekly Danica Patrick Crash Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by mndean, Oct 21, 2012.

1. mndean

mndean Tele-Meister

Tapped the driver ahead of her, spun and couldn't save it.

2. bossaholic

bossaholic Friend of Leo's

She is blaming the other driver now. It was all his fault and everyone is always picking on her. :rolleyes:

I wish she would just go away.

3. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

More misogyny on the TDPRI. Don't see any threads about Jimmie Johnson or the other 9 guys who spun themselves out and wrecked today so far.

Also she didn't blame Landon Cassel, she explained that he roughed her up and she tried to rough him up and took herself out. Hundreds of MEN have done the same thing .

Hey look, two more MEN just got together and wrecked!

4. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well, a lot of them are picking on her, and are intolerant of women in NASCAR, like you.

She did what virtually every driver in NASCAR does (except Mark Martin), and tried to get some payback. Just happened to backfire because that was gonna be her car for Texas.

5. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

It's just racing. Happens all the time, only this time, it's a girl. Shame on you male chauvanists. I'm not a huge Danica fan but she's not doing anything the guys aren't. Wake up and get past your discrimination.

P.S. I want to see the matchup between you and Danica. Wonder who's going to need new underwear when all is said and done?

6. Bones

She made a beautiful 3-wide pass on the apron yesterday for position, didn't see anyone complaining about that.

7. e-merlin

Oh, Newman and Busch. Same deal, just happened. Going to whine about that? Probaby not

8. Bones

Correct, there's been like 10 cautions today and only one is being talked about and it's the only one caused by a "girl".

Oh look another caution, 4 car pile up all cars driven by men who have wrecked many times before.

9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Does intolerance have to come into play in racing now? How about if they give her a five lap head start? Should they just declare her a winner even though she's out of the race? How about a female quarterback in the NFL? If she can't hack it give her spot to someone who can run. If she was a man she wouldn't have a ride, they are already being ridiculously intolerant to the other drivers by making them put up with her.

10. Bones

Dale Jr. went almost 4 years without a win or being in the chase, no one was rallying to get him out of NASCAR, She's ROOKIE in Cup and she's doing "OK" in Nationwide.

11. Bones

How about that dirty punk Ahlmendinger? He was out there today.

12. Bones

BTW, how awesome will it be if Ol' Mark Martin wins today?

13. e-merlin

Nobody's doing that, or even suggesting that. She's proven herself as an open wheel front runner, why not give her a chance in NASCAR, especially as she can draw the all important sponsership? It's not like it's and equal opportunity employment deal. She's proven herself, and there are just as many guys who have a record similar to hers that are still in.

However, I would like to see a female NFL center....:twisted:

14. e-merlin

More important than Danica's wreck is that today's race set a record for cautions. Danica didn't cause all of them.

15. bossaholic

bossaholic Friend of Leo's

When did I bring her sex into my comments? I don't care if she is a guy or gal. I just don't care for her anymore and yes, some of the other drivers also whine way too much.

I guess I am getting crusty. I grew up with NASCAR (like a lot you I am sure). I used to go to Daytona with my Dad in the 70's when Petty was the king. My dad used to race locally. They raced, they crashed, they went on.

16. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

No, and she didn't just lose it in a corner, untouched, like half the field seems to be doing on that new surface. She was working her way up, slowly. Also finished 10th yesterday.

Like Bones said, Dale Jr is basically living off his family name, and many other drivers languish in the back of the pack for many years before getting a win, or even top ten.

She was the most successful woman in Indy Car, and IMHO shows real promise to be a threat in NASACR as well, and IS a marketing dream. After all, without sponsors and crowds showing up, NASCAR is dead. In fact Indy car is suffering from her leaving.

She also cleans up real nice :D

[​IMG]

17. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

She makes 5' look willowy. I'm not sure how. But I'm not really caring. In the words of my father's generation: hubba-hubba.

And yeah, I like watching her drive too.

18. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Give her 3 to 5 years. She'll do well, eventually. My bass player's in love with her.
    Hubba Hubba.

19. backporch guy

backporch guy Tele-Afflicted

20. e-merlin

I like big butts and I cannot lie...:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.