The Nashville Tele Club!

Legba-1967

TDPRI Member
I found a Deluxe Nashville Club but this one would include mine the new Play Plus Nashville Tele + the Nashville Deluxe Teles. Lets see what you’ve got!

4EF70F00-DA3D-4D24-BB11-DA76BF4AE145.jpeg

Legba-1967

TDPRI Member
1998 B-Bender Nashville Tele, which is also in my avatar:

i-DckxKfZ-X2.jpg

i-tTczRDw-X2.jpg

It’s heavy, but with the B-Bender, the three pickups and the five-way switch, it’s a really versatile guitar.
Excuse my ignorance but this is a good opportunity to learn. I’ve heard of B-Benders but what exactly do they do? Super nice guitars! I love my new Play Plus it has the five way switch but also gives you the neck pickup in positions 1 and 2

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
Excuse my ignorance but this is a good opportunity to learn. I’ve heard of B-Benders but what exactly do they do? Super nice guitars! I love my new Play Plus it has the five way switch but also gives you the neck pickup in positions 1 and 2
I was away yesterday, and didn't want to try to respond to your post on an iPad. Country guys can absolutely wail with a B-Bender and their fingerstyle technique, but I got mine because of Jimmy Page. Here's a 1985 interview with Page discussing how the B-Bender mechanism works:

Here's Page in action a couple of years earlier with the B-Bender. You can see him pulling down on the front of the strap to engage the mechanism and bend the B-string up:

Here's an old song of mine that I recently re-recorded with a B-Bender solo (mostly just some tasty slurs) from 2:15 to 2:35 and from 2:48 to 3:13. (Rest of the soloing is my 2000 R9 Les Paul and a synth.)

Finally, here's an article I co-wrote on the history of the Stringbender/B-Bender for Vintage Guitar, back in the day.

jfgesquire

Friend of Leo's
Wow I don’t know how I missed these Squiers. I love Squiers and this obviously counts as a Nashville in my book! Awesome guitar thanks for sharing.

It's a great guitar, except the bridge pickups are out of phase from the factory. I reversed the polarity with a neodymium magnet and all is well. Build quality is every bit as good as my 2017 Chinese Classic Vibe Tele or my USA Performer Tele.

20191124_131828.jpg

Joelski144

TDPRI Member
My Nash.

B7TlGTi.jpg

It's funny, people ***** about fret sprout and blame it on being a MIM guitar, but my Nashville Deluxe Player had better fret ends than my American Deluxe Strat. The overall feel of the neck was better, and the Tele had less poly slopped over the entire fretboard than the Strat as well. The wood used to craft a guitar can be dry as a bone and that can change in transit, and in the shop it hangs in prior to purchasing, nevermind once you get it home. The cold winters and gas heat make for an arid environment and I don't know about you, but I didn't pay good money for my guitars to sit in their cases; I want to admire them even when they're silent! Fret sprout is a normal thing, and dealing with it is a basic skill all guitar players should have. It's next to changing strings, or making truss rod adjustments in terms of basic upkeep. [/rant]

As stated elsewhere, I dig this guitar. Overall, I am a fan of poly finishes, and don't believe that crap about wood breathing through a thin, nitro finish. To me, nitro is a headache that shows wear too quickly. On the other side of the coin, I am a fan of mojo with these guitars, just not fake mojo! I either like a guitar that will look nice forever, or one that shows its scars as time passes, but pre-made wear is fake and poseur-ish. No offense if you dropped 5k on a fake-beat guitar, but you really should have added the marks yourself! [/2nd rant]

This guitar got the treatment with SD LaBrea pickups and CTS, CRL controls. It's wired up by myself and the difference from the original noiseless pups is night and day. Go check out those pickups and you won't be disappointed!

Last edited:

Legba-1967

TDPRI Member
My Nash.

B7TlGTi.jpg

It's funny, people ***** about fret sprout and blame it on being a MIM guitar, but my Nashville Deluxe Player had better fret ends than my American Deluxe Strat. The overall feel of the neck was better, and the Tele had less poly slopped over the entire fretboard than the Strat as well. The wood used to craft a guitar can be dry as a bone and that can change in transit, and in the shop it hangs in prior to purchasing, nevermind once you get it home. The cold winters and gas heat make for an arid environment and I don't know about you, but I didn't pay good money for my guitars to sit in their cases; I want to admire them even when they're silent! Fret sprout is a normal thing, and dealing with it is a basic skill all guitar players should have. It's next to changing strings, or making truss rod adjustments in terms of basic upkeep. [/rant]

As stated elsewhere, I dig this guitar. Overall, I am a fan of poly finishes, and don't believe that crap about wood breathing through a thin, nitro finish. To me, nitro is a headache that shows wear too quickly. On the other side of the coin, I am a fan of mojo with these guitars, just not fake mojo! I either like a guitar that will look nice forever, or one that shows its scars as time passes, but pre-made wear is fake and poseur-ish. No offense if you dropped 5k on a fake-beat guitar, but you really should have added the marks yourself! [/2nd rant]

This guitar got the treatment with SD LaBrea pickups and CTS, CRL controls. It's wired up by myself and the difference from the original noiseless pups is night and day. Go check out those pickups and you won't be disappointed!
Beautiful guitar And Kimber! And I couldn’t agree more. My Player Plus Nashville is perfect in every way. This is only my third Tele and the two other were Squiers but I’ve had several American Standard Strats and an American Professional Strat and this guitar sounds and plays as good as any of those. I don’t keep mine in a case either it stays on a stand. I don’t believe in the whole wood breathing bit either and don’t mind poly one bit. My guitar is gorgeous. Sometime I bring it in the living room just so I can admire it while watching shows or on the internet. I keep an extra stand in there. Keep those Nashvilles coming I know there are more out there!

JohnnyCrash

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Just finished building it in honor of my daughter, who should be arriving in August.

‘77 Cadillac chrome chevron embedded into the body.

Bigsby B50.

AlNiCo III Tonerider Nashville ’50s Middle and Neck pickups (measured in the 7k range).

GFS Fatbody AlNiCo V low wind (7k range) found in my junk drawer for the bridge pickup.

Leo designed G & L “Passive Treble Bass” or PTB circuit. Treble cut (normal tone control) and Bass cut (very useful for cleaning up the flub/mud/bass when running the middle pickup in series with the bridge for a more humbucker sound).

Volume (red knob) is also a pull switch to throw the neck pickup in (“7 sound Strat mod” for classic Bridge + Neck Tele middle sounds and/or all three pickups at once sounds).

Treble (cream/white knob) is also a pullswitch. This puts the middle and bridge pickups in series together (instead of the brighter quackier stock Strat parallel, for a thicker humbucker sound).

Bass cut (brown knob) is also a pull switch. It’s a “blower switch” which bypasses all of the controls and simply dumps the bridge pickup directly to output — I did this to give me a “no-load” option for maximum snappiness and twang.

92C95497-F547-439A-91F7-932E247DDCD4.jpeg

'64 Tele

Tele-Afflicted
Mine is a 2006 Deluxe Nashville I found in 2012. I changed the stock 5 way switch to Fender Super Switch and wired the middle position to neck/bridge as I didn't care for middle pickup by itself. I later changed the stock Tex Mex pickups to Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2 set, but in hindsight, the stock ones were pretty darn good sounding pickups.

Attachments

• Resized_20191018_191400.jpeg
    Resized_20191018_191400.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 12