1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The MXR Phase 95 Club

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by JayFreddy, Nov 17, 2018.

1. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Little. Yellow. Different... Lol

(/Wayne's World Reference)

MiniPhase95-large.jpg
    I've owned several different "Holy Grail" phasers over the years including an old AC powered ADA and a TC Electronic programmable phaser.

At one time I've owned both the MXR Phase 90 and Phase 100.

I currently own three other phasers, an Ibanez analog phaser, and two different Boss phasers, the PH2 and a PH3.

I like them all, but there is a sweetness to the early MXR phaser sounds that eludes the others.

When I first heard MXR's Phase 95, I smiled. It has that trademark MXR sweetness.

Combined with the tiny footprint and a very reasonable price, and it was inevitable that I would have to own one.

I'm not sure if the Phase 95 is "one phaser to rule them all", but it's close...

Dunlop deserves credit for doing a great job with this one.

FenderGyrl likes this.
  2. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

I’m in. Love mine. What’s your favorite setting? I like script mode of the P90....

JayFreddy likes this.
  3. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I’ve got one myself. I love phasers in general. I’ve built so many variations it should be illegal. Right now, I’m looking for the right price on a phase 99 even though I’ve built a similar one. I may have a problem.

jddub440 and JayFreddy like this.
  4. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

I haven't decided yet.

I think 45 script for cleans, 90 block for crunchies...

But that could change!

5. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I love mine; got rid of a '74 Script Reissue Phase 90 when I bought the 95. Four times the phaser in 1/2 the space. I love the Script modes, both 90 and 45.

JayFreddy likes this.
  6. JGD5150

JGD5150 TDPRI Member

I've always loved the Phase 90 circuit. Was using a Whirlwind Orange Box but the Phase 95 is now the go-to phaser on my board. My fav setting is the script 45. I use my phaser in front of dirt, and get a pretty subtle warp and swirl.

JayFreddy likes this.
  7. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Only learned about the 95 after buying a 90 Script. Someone mentioned it in a YouTube comment which made me curious. Had never heard of it before. I intend to pick up a used 95 and probably sell the 90 Script. Pretty cool that the 45 is built in since you don't see that pedal very often :) 4 classic phasers for $99 or less used. Seems like an awesome deal! It does make you wonder why someone would buy the 90 Block, 45 Script by themselves (other than ease of use) when this pedal has all 4 pedals in it for $99 and the Script 90, etc also retails for $99.

JayFreddy likes this.
  8. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

i have one!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.