The Marvelettes

Mindovermatter62

Tele-Meister
Most of the time, when Motown females groups are mentioned, The Supremes are mostly talked about, but hold the phone there was another female group who actually hit before Diana and her girls, They started as a five girl group from Inkster Mich. and helped put Motown on the map in the Sixties, I just want to mention my favorite girl group the Marvelous Marvelettes, who had Motown's first million seller with[Please Mr. Postman] with Gladys Horton on lead and her strong voice carried the ladies with[Twistin Postman- Beechwood-4-5789] until Smokey took them under his wing and Wanda Rodgers took the lead[Don't Mess With Bill- You're The One- The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game- Destination Anywhere- My Baby Must Be A Magician]and a cute cover of Baby Washington's[ That's How Heartaches Are Made]...a classic female group!!

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
So many great Motown women out there other than just the Supremes , whom I love also. I was really into Motown.

Wildeman

Tele-Holic
Odd, I have Jimmy Mack stuck in my head, just woke up, and I see this thread, I know that's Martha and the Vandellas but still wierd.....😉

pbenn

Tele-Afflicted
"Hunter Gets Captured" is an effective quiet song to pull out when the room wants quiet. It's convenient in D maj7/Bm.

billy logan

Tele-Afflicted
Here's some teen-agers having fun on their program for local TV in Kansas, maybe 10 years ago- I like how the guitar is very background until the solo and then arpeggios in the last part - The Marvelettes? still ruling in 2012!