1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Madison

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by HotRodSteve, Oct 26, 2020.

1. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

2. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

It's that time again...:)

I always thought that song was called the TIME WARP. .lol

Where my TP and bread crust.

Did anyone ever throw meaningful things in theatre during this?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  3. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

What a great movie. I wonder where my DVD of it is. I haven’t watched Rocky Horror in a few years.
    I found a CD of the soundtrack last year and it lived in the Jeep for a few months

4. dkmw

dkmw Poster Extraordinaire

That whole phenomena of the midnight shows with half the audience dressed for the parts and everybody singing along and doing call and response stuff seems kinda hard to explain in retrospect. But it sure was fun at the time:)

P-Nutz, scook and tubegeek like this.
  5. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

The Waverly. I only went once but I had friends who went every week.

Be sure to bring your umbrella!

6. dkmw

dkmw Poster Extraordinaire

I bet that was fun:cool::eek:

It was happening all over the country, though. My girlfriend and I were doing it in Atlanta; at some theater in Buckhead the name of which I can’t recall. (I’m surprised I remember any of it:eek:)

tubegeek likes this.
  7. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

I hadn't thought about this in a long time. Back in the 80's I was the guitar player in the pit band for a live production of Rocky Horror in Atlanta. It ran for a couple of months, 6 shows per week one summer at a place called The Theatrical Outfit. I enjoyed playing the music, and the audience got very involved as you might imagine. A note of interest - the person playing Riff Raff in that production was a very young, unknown guy with a Mohawk about a foot tall. I remember him as a very "unusual" person with an unusual name - Ru Paul.

P-Nutz, scook, wulfenganck and 2 others like this.
  8. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

I just realized I’ve never watched it. I’ve seen so many parts of it that I thought I had. My daughter ( the former goth) and her friends used to dress up and go watch it at midnight. I just figured it was good harmless fun for the kids. She’s 44 and has 3 kids now. I wonder if she lets them watch it. Susan Sarandon looks 16! I’ll have to try to find it on the cable.

uriah1 likes this.
  9. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

Back in 1996 they showed it at the largest cinema in town and I went with my then girlfriend, she as Riff Raff and I as Magenta - with newspapers, rice, the whole thing. It was great.
    A couple of years back we started playing with friends some covers at the New Year's Eve party of my present (and hopefully forever) missus. It's usually all good time party stuff, mainly 70s funk and some nice 80s and 90s songs, but the year we did "Sweet Transvestite", "Hot Patootie - Bless My Soul" and of course "Time Warp", people nearly went crazy - including some 20 year olds......

uriah1, P-Nutz and dkmw like this.
  10. dustoff pilot

dustoff pilot TDPRI Member

I thought this would be about the river, sorry.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.