The Lowly Plain And Simple Everyday TS Mini

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by jumpnblues, May 25, 2020.

1. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Friend of Leo's

I was experimenting the other day with several boost/OD pedals and one of the best tones I've heard with a Tele was the lowly, relatively inexpensive, TS Mini. The gain was completely rolled off along with just a little top end (tone was set at about the 11:00 position).

I'm running a Vintera Tele '60s Modded through a Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb amp. As you might expect, the TS Mini was very smooth, fat, yet tight bottom end and midrange. It also has a full, very well balanced, not too much, just enough, top end. Really sweet, slightly warmish sounding tone. If you don't want to spend big dollars for a boost/OD pedal but want tone that'll go toe to toe with about anything else out there the TS Mini and Tele combination is hard to beat.

I play swing and bop jazz, jump/West Coast and traditional blues, with just a little edge. I use very little, if any, gain...mostly boost with just a little sustain. It allows the tonal personality of the Tele come through. Plus, the TS Mini has a smoothing effect on your tone over all. Anyway, just a heads up on a well known, sometimes overlooked pedal. And a mini review on the TS Mini. The Tele and TS Mini is a superb combination. JMHO, YMMV.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    4pickupguy and teletimetx like this.
  2. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yes. The TS just works. It does what does as well as any high dollar booteek box. It has managed its way into every genre and almost every type of rig imaginable.

3. Thinline casket

Thinline casket Tele-Meister

I've always preferred screamers to klons. That dadgum EP booster don't suck. :D

I keep my gain knobs around 7 o'clock.
    Sometimes I wonder why I even use it. But it does seem to add some warmth.

4pickupguy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.