The Lost Telecaster Crates

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
It was TDPRI-John who first told me about the mine, but I suspect it has been circulating around TDPRI almost since it started. TJohn as I liked to call him said he heard the story from a guy who knew a guy who once worked at the original Fender Factory. The story goes that an early silent partner, one who disagreed with Leo and wanted Fenders to look like other brands, decided to grab crates full of the original production Broadcasters and hide them so Fender would not be able to make delivery commitments to the Bakersfield warehouse. I am unsure if @Toto'sDad can confirm there was such a place but perhaps even he didn't know about it.

The crates were supposedly shipped to Texas and hidden away in an old excavation site in Houston called Sharpstown, where the silent partner was originally from. I was told by TJohn that the crates were buried in a new (at the time) park called Bayland. I was pretty sure he believed the story but I let it go and have never questioned him about its authenticity.

However, this morning I was out walking and I saw something that made me recall the old legend and perhaps what I saw was a clue? You know the right day, the right weather conditions, and a sign would happen.

So as I am walking in Bayland Park this morning; I know some coincidence but I really was walking there this morning. I saw a bright light shining through the clouds and thought could this be the sign for where the lost cache is actually buried? I even took a photo so you could see I am not lying about the sign.

I have a couple questions for all of you TDPRI experts?

1. Was TJohn just pulling my leg and making up the story?
2. Has he told any of you this story or one like it?
3. If true, is this a good enough sign to start excavating?
4. Should I contact the folks at Oak Island for help?
5. I am old; should I stop walking at the park and seeing visions?

Thanks in advance I know you guys can help with this mystery. BTW - You can stop changing strings and put some serious thought in to this.

View attachment 990614

"We were somewhere around Bayland Park on the edge of the tennis courts when the drugs began to take hold..." ;)

0*taJX39Pi0QedY6ZF.jpg

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
Earlier this morning, there was an ad on Craigslist, supposedly from a town about an hour from here, advertising two “old Fender guitars” for $75. The picture showed an early Esquire and a Broadcaster, the description claimed some family history with dad in band in ‘59, mom now in group home, etc. I was almost tempted but c’mon, this was way too good to be taken seriously. Ad is no longer up. Either the ad was reported as a scam or someone got the deal of the century.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
My neighbor told me that there are 3 old Ferraris wrapped in plastic and buried in my garden. Something to do with a messy divorce for the previous owner. Should I dig up my whole yard to find them? This guy is known to be a bit of a jokester…

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
It was TDPRI-John who first told me about the mine, but I suspect it has been circulating around TDPRI almost since it started. TJohn as I liked to call him said he heard the story from a guy who knew a guy who once worked at the original Fender Factory. The story goes that an early silent partner, one who disagreed with Leo and wanted Fenders to look like other brands, decided to grab crates full of the original production Broadcasters and hide them so Fender would not be able to make delivery commitments to the Bakersfield warehouse. I am unsure if @Toto'sDad can confirm there was such a place but perhaps even he didn't know about it.

The crates were supposedly shipped to Texas and hidden away in an old excavation site in Houston called Sharpstown, where the silent partner was originally from. I was told by TJohn that the crates were buried in a new (at the time) park called Bayland. I was pretty sure he believed the story but I let it go and have never questioned him about its authenticity.

However, this morning I was out walking and I saw something that made me recall the old legend and perhaps what I saw was a clue? You know the right day, the right weather conditions, and a sign would happen.

So as I am walking in Bayland Park this morning; I know some coincidence but I really was walking there this morning. I saw a bright light shining through the clouds and thought could this be the sign for where the lost cache is actually buried? I even took a photo so you could see I am not lying about the sign.

I have a couple questions for all of you TDPRI experts?

1. Was TJohn just pulling my leg and making up the story?
2. Has he told any of you this story or one like it?
3. If true, is this a good enough sign to start excavating?
4. Should I contact the folks at Oak Island for help?
5. I am old; should I stop walking at the park and seeing visions?

Thanks in advance I know you guys can help with this mystery. BTW - You can stop changing strings and put some serious thought in to this.

View attachment 990614
Dig baby, dig!

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
Um, that beam of light is marking the spot I sunk my concrete mixer in the mud in 1994 when I was pouring the concrete for that cell tower. Hell of a coincidence, but I am actually pretty sure I did pour that concrete...but the truck in the mud happened in Texas City 😂

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I don't always understand stuff. . .
I agree.

I think this whole thing about there even being a place called "Texas" is someone's weird fever dream.

No such place as Texas could exist. Just simply beggars belief. And so, the whole Crates narrative sort of collapses just based on that alone. Even earlier this year, I thought I traveled through Texas not once but twice. But, I obviously was mistaken.

:^)

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
A waiter in a Dallas Olive Garden once told me that everything in Texas was bigger, I said my goodbyes and left..... 😯🤨