The Lost Telecaster Crates

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
It was TDPRI-John who first told me about the mine, but I suspect it has been circulating around TDPRI almost since it started. TJohn as I liked to call him said he heard the story from a guy who knew a guy who once worked at the original Fender Factory. The story goes that an early silent partner, one who disagreed with Leo and wanted Fenders to look like other brands, decided to grab crates full of the original production Broadcasters and hide them so Fender would not be able to make delivery commitments to the Bakersfield warehouse. I am unsure if @Toto'sDad can confirm there was such a place but perhaps even he didn't know about it.

The crates were supposedly shipped to Texas and hidden away in an old excavation site in Houston called Sharpstown, where the silent partner was originally from. I was told by TJohn that the crates were buried in a new (at the time) park called Bayland. I was pretty sure he believed the story but I let it go and have never questioned him about its authenticity.

However, this morning I was out walking and I saw something that made me recall the old legend and perhaps what I saw was a clue? You know the right day, the right weather conditions, and a sign would happen.

So as I am walking in Bayland Park this morning; I know some coincidence but I really was walking there this morning. I saw a bright light shining through the clouds and thought could this be the sign for where the lost cache is actually buried? I even took a photo so you could see I am not lying about the sign.

I have a couple questions for all of you TDPRI experts?

1. Was TJohn just pulling my leg and making up the story?
2. Has he told any of you this story or one like it?
3. If true, is this a good enough sign to start excavating?
4. Should I contact the folks at Oak Island for help?
5. I am old; should I stop walking at the park and seeing visions?

Thanks in advance I know you guys can help with this mystery. BTW - You can stop changing strings and put some serious thought in to this.

0604220749a_HDR.jpg

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It was TDPRI-John who first told me about the mine, but I suspect it has been circulating around TDPRI almost since it started. TJohn as I liked to call him said he heard the story from a guy who knew a guy who once worked at the original Fender Factory. The story goes that an early silent partner, one who disagreed with Leo and wanted Fenders to look like other brands, decided to grab crates full of the original production Broadcasters and hide them so Fender would not be able to make delivery commitments to the Bakersfield warehouse. I am unsure if @Toto'sDad can confirm there was such a place but perhaps even he didn't know about it.

The crates were supposedly shipped to Texas and hidden away in an old excavation site in Houston called Sharpstown, where the silent partner was originally from. I was told by TJohn that the crates were buried in a new (at the time) park called Bayland. I was pretty sure he believed the story but I let it go and have never questioned him about its authenticity.

However, this morning I was out walking and I saw something that made me recall the old legend and perhaps what I saw was a clue? You know the right day, the right weather conditions, and a sign would happen.

So as I am walking in Bayland Park this morning; I know some coincidence but I really was walking there this morning. I saw a bright light shining through the clouds and thought could this be the sign for where the lost cache is actually buried? I even took a photo so you could see I am not lying about the sign.

I have a couple questions for all of you TDPRI experts?

1. Was TJohn just pulling my leg and making up the story?
2. Has he told any of you this story or one like it?
3. If true, is this a good enough sign to start excavating?
4. Should I contact the folks at Oak Island for help?
5. I am old; should I stop walking at the park and seeing visions?

Thanks in advance I know you guys can help with this mystery. BTW - You can stop changing strings and put some serious thought in to this.

View attachment 990614
Yes the story is true, and you should set about finding the spot from the photo you took. I'd hire an operator and at least a Cat 235 Excavator, and start digging TODAY! I know it's the weekend, and there'll be some extra charges, but YOU'RE ON A MISSION!

Papanate

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Really? TDPRI-John is from the Voodoo Era of music - where these mysterious crates of guitars were squirreled away never to be found - for one thing Leo didn't have any silent partners - and even if he did they couldn't purloin a stack of guitars - and if they could why would they care how they were built?? - This goes against the whole premise of Silent partner.