1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Lord is in my amp!!!!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Kitarkus, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Kitarkus

Kitarkus Tele-Meister

crazy freaking day here. All of it. daughter's school cancelled for the rest of the year....and on and on and on....just nutz....I can't even begin. Hope your day was better than mine....though I am doubtful.

so I decide to try to relax and strum a bit before i go to bed. 1971 champ amp....pedal board....running just a Keeley Phat Mod and a HOF. Done playing.....turn the volume down on the guitar entirely readying to shut the board and amp down....and I hear a voice. A crazy preacher talking crazy gospel ....really eerie...through my amp!....I turn the guitar volume back up and preacher goes away....turn the volume down/off...back to gospel through the amp. again...volume up....gospel goes away....volume down gospel back. I turn the HOF off...nothing changes...I turn the Keeley Super Phat off..and the gospel stops....Phat Mod back on....gospel is back. I call my 13 year old daughter in to check it out....repeat the whole thing....totally freaked her out.

Sure it must just be some AM radio frequency picking up through the Keeley pedal and being amplified.....but TODAY of all days....and creepy eerie gospel no less.....just nutz on top of nutz.

I'm going to bed.....try to figure out how to best survive the next few months and keep my family sane...and not think about what just happened with the Lord. I'm quite seriously creeped out. G'night...and wake me when this is all over.

2. Boil

Boil Tele-Holic

You happen to be playing this song?

Strum und Twang and slauson slim like this.
  3. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

I waunt you to PUT your HAY-UND up into the chassis of the AY-UMP and FEEL the power of JEEBUZ!

BlueCajun, stevemc, ce24 and 15 others like this.
  4. max_twang

max_twang Tele-Afflicted

My Fuzzface did this a while ago -- you're just picking up some RF interference. Happened just as you described: guitar volume off, radio come thru the amp. Volume on, it goes away...Sorry to spoil your religious experience :)

Recce and Kitarkus like this.
  5. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

I would have been more upset if it was bro country.

nojazzhere, drf64, Kitarkus and 5 others like this.
  6. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Friend of Leo's

One of the things I like about using my closed-back, low-gain Peavey TKO as a guitar practice amp is that NOTHING can get in my amp. Not even mice in the back.

7. blueruins

blueruins Tele-Meister

This happened to me as a kid when I was house-sitting for my grandmother. I took my amp outside on her porch at night for God knows what reason.
    I was all alone in the dark and I flipped on the amp...
    A distorted voice screamed out “I WANT MORE POWER!!!!”
    The hair on my body stood straight up and I bolted into the house.
    I finally had the guts to creep back and look out the back door and heard the radio station coming through the speaker.
    Demon averted.

8. Bill Sheehan

Bill Sheehan Tele-Holic

Hahahahahahahaha! HAY-UND!!

Peegoo likes this.
  9. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

... and my amp is the lord....

but it's one I built so... meh

10. bumnote

bumnote Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

901661B4-D0C0-4CCB-906F-2BED624C8A25.gif

RoyBGood likes this.
  11. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

RoscoeElegante and RoyBGood like this.
  12. El Marin

El Marin Friend of Leo's

Mine as well

[​IMG]

blueruins, stevemc and stormsedge like this.
  13. Stax1

Stax1 Tele-Meister

Please tell me thats Elvis in that pic.

Coz that would make you correct!

Crowcaster, nojazzhere and carpenter like this.
  14. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

My computer speakers sometime receive messages from what I think are ships at sea passing by.. when turned down to near zero... usually in languages I can't fathom...o_O

or maybe it's Beelzebub...in 5.1 surround sound...:lol:

Kitarkus likes this.
  15. DNestler

DNestler Tele-Meister

As the theme of the OP is SiP/Soc.Dist I thought I'd share the following...

We live in northern France. The French government is enforcing a travel ban on all non-essential travel both internal and external (food, medicine, supplies are ok, travel for work is ok) . You need a permit to travel and you will likely be stopped and asked for it. Schools are closed so both my kids (7 and 5) and my wife (a teacher) are home. I already work from home, so no biggie there, except I get distracted by parenting duties when I emerge from the office for coffee.

About half the shops are open. Anything that sells food or newspapers/tobacco.

I live near the local train station. The number of trains ins a day has dropped by at least half.

Northern France is a massive flyover zone with about 10 contrails visible at any given moment of the day on a clear one. There are about 4 at a time now.

Cars were not on the road yesterday morning, and the roads a very quiet this morning. But as people got a bit more brave by the end of the day yesterday, traffic picked up in the area. It wasn't anywhere near normal, but it was more noticeable.

I've got a pair of electric mandos and my Squier Tele at my desk. Usually I'm too busy to touch them. But seeing them relieves stress, just not as well as playing them does. I've got a little old Marshall G15R-CD under the desk return. It has been modified as repairs were required: a new transformer and a new op amp (I think). As a result it's too nice not to play, but too fragile for gigging. Doesn't sound obviously solid state anymore.

No, I haven't heard voices in it.

We adopted 3 laying hens on Sunday, just as all this was crashing down. Probably the best thing was could have done. The kids love them, but are also a little afraid of them, so the hens don't get too much cuddling the way rabbits would. It's good to watch them putter about the yard/garden scratching for worms and insects, and we've had half a dozen eggs already. Feeding them, getting them out of the coop in the morning, and putting them to bed at night gives us some punctuation to the day and makes us think of others' needs. Even if they're not human needs.

Stay healthy!
    Daniel

MickM, Skydog1010, Kitarkus and 2 others like this.
  16. Kitarkus

Kitarkus Tele-Meister

Thanks for the nice post Daniel....stay safe...take care of your family....enjoy the simple things.
    I am located in a densely populated suburban area within a moderate sized city. Though it doesn't feel so at the moment I am among the lucky ones.
    I have a roof, a bit of cash, food and apparent access to more as needed, and even some ability to make some money (albeit diminished and requires some interaction with the public). I work for myself and I have for a very long time...I have no sick leave/pay and my government doesn't provide unemployment to the self employed. I pay my own health insurance....which on a monthly basis....costs me nearly double what our Government is proposing to put in our hands ($1000) as emergency funds. I am my own boss...with all of its perks and all of its problems. My 13 year old largely understands what is going on around us....at LEAST as well or better when compared to many of my adult friends....but it is a difficult new direction for her young mind to fathom. My concerns and priorities have obviously shifted dramatically...and slowly but surely others are beginning to begrudgingly shift as well. Our dog is providing my daughter with a great deal of comfort and companionship as always....but now more than ever....and I have ordered a supply of pet food (remember folks!) to be delivered asap.

We are a 3 person (and one dog) family unit. We are all attempting to do some light reading for pleasure each day. We are all requiring the other to exercise a bit each day. We are all eating has healthily as possible each day. We are all trying to stay sane while watching many friends and acquaintances fail to keep themselves and/or their communities needs/health in mind. We will get through this eventually....but faster with the assist and cooperation of all of us in our communities.

Stay safe out there. Be smart. We are each but a cog in the giant gear...stay strong so that we may all keep moving forward.

stevemc likes this.
  17. darkwaters

darkwaters Friend of Leo's

bWVCnqt.gif

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  18. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

The Lord is everywhere

19. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

relax. It was only Ray Stevens.

20. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

Let Him Out!

Crowcaster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.