the littlest things....

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
Hope you're feeling better and your sense of smell and taste comes back to normal. When I was a kid, my mom used to bake home made apple pie with apples from our own tree. Remembering how much better that was than any store bought pie I've had in a long time is the reason I've pretty much given up eating pie.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Sorry to hear you've been ill but glad to hear the worst is over.

It's the small things that count, I'm beginning to realise.

I had half an hour last week just staring out to the North Sea, watching the white horses, tasting the salty air. It felt like a blissful eternity.
that sounds awesome.... I'm not gonna lie, I so rarely take medication, that the medication I have been taking results in Loooooong really interesting dreams that seem so real that I treasure them like actual memories. I'd imagine that if when we die we just live in a dream state, that would be pretty amazing... and if it just 'changed channels' sometimes, it would just be incredible (maybe it IS what happens after we die and that is why people love tv so much!)

My new intended next destination is to visit Slave Lake. I've become immersed in it the past few days...

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Absolutely!

Being thankful. I'm in a blessed period of life and hope you're back there soon too!

At just about 62 I'm starting to see each new day as a miracle. Dog wakes me up at 6:30 and we walk down to the lake. It's stunningly beautiful and peaceful here. It's more than I deserve.

But unknown trials await me I'm sure.

Meanwhile I need some pie and ice cream too!

How you're better!

Rocky058

Tele-Afflicted
"I'd imagine that if when we die we just live in a dream state, that would be pretty amazing... and if it just 'changed channels' sometimes, it would just be incredible (maybe it IS what happens after we die and that is why people love tv so much!)"
G.B.

Many Masters through the ages have told us it is thus.

1658249512048.png

G.B. glad you're on the mend :)

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic
Sorry to hear you've been ill but glad to hear the worst is over.

It's the small things that count, I'm beginning to realise.

I had half an hour last week just staring out to the North Sea, watching the white horses, tasting the salty air. It felt like a blissful eternity.

Neither Out Far Nor In Deep

The people along the sand
All turn and look one way.
They turn their back on the land.
They look at the sea all day.

As long as it takes to pass
A ship keeps raising its hull;
The wetter ground like glass
Reflects a standing gull

The land may vary more;
But wherever the truth may be—
The water comes ashore,
And the people look at the sea.

They cannot look out far.
They cannot look in deep.
But when was that ever a bar
To any watch they keep?

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Glad you are recovering. Yes, it’s the small things that make life worth living. Just spent a few days with my Son and his wife and that was great. Breath in, breath out, repeat.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I am in the camp that believes apple pie has massively more healing power than chicken soup. My wife's was not in that camp despite all my efforts to change her mind.

Glad you are feeling better and back posting the positive side of things.

For that moment when you know the last bite is close:

0719221253.jpg

Last edited:

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My wife's baby brother came by yesterday (he's actually 69) after having bloodwork done. He's completed his radiation, and chemotherapy, for a tumor in his neck and throat. We're waiting for him to have a PET scan in order to evaluate his condition. The doc told him he will always have dry mouth, and he MIGHT have some taste return in time.

He's lost around thirty pounds, but is now able to eat, he forces himself, he has no appetite and no taste. He's a real trooper, no whining or complaining period. He is facing this like just another task to be done. We of course are all pulling for him. He says he's looking forward to getting back out on the road driving a diesel truck with his son.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
My wife's baby brother came by yesterday (he's actually 69) after having bloodwork done. He's completed his radiation, and chemotherapy, for a tumor in his neck and throat. We're waiting for him to have a PET scan in order to evaluate his condition. The doc told him he will always have dry mouth, and he MIGHT have some taste return in time.

He's lost around thirty pounds, but is now able to eat, he forces himself, he has no appetite and no taste. He's a real trooper, no whining or complaining period. He is facing this like just another task to be done. We of course are all pulling for him. He says he's looking forward to getting back out on the road driving a diesel truck with his son.

so glad he is on the mend. I spent 2 years in my late thirties having things scraped off me, taking treatments and being pretty sure that 40 might not happen... when it gets behind you a few years, you shudder once in awhile, but boy, no matter what gets thrown at you, you know it is still better than the other result.

I sure am glad rigs have air ride seats now. At my job now, we have a warehouse and the second year I was here, I found out the trucks we have did not have them, when we replaced the fleet... we have them now.

I get invited to all the warehouse lunch bbqs during the summer... the whole crew is portuguese and man, they make some great sausages!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
so glad he is on the mend. I spent 2 years in my late thirties having things scraped off me, taking treatments and being pretty sure that 40 might not happen... when it gets behind you a few years, you shudder once in awhile, but boy, no matter what gets thrown at you, you know it is still better than the other result.

I sure am glad rigs have air ride seats now. At my job now, we have a warehouse and the second year I was here, I found out the trucks we have did not have them, when we replaced the fleet... we have them now.

I get invited to all the warehouse lunch bbqs during the summer... the whole crew is portuguese and man, they make some great sausages!
Thanks GB. I love the Portuguese! I worked several years with a great guy who was Portuguese, he married a Basque woman, and I met a lot of Basque and Portuguese people through knowing them. You're sure enough right about the sausage, when they make sausage, everything including the squeal from the pig is used!

I worked at a place that my truck had an old mechanical seat, and the shop foreman surprised me one day with an air seat, big high-backed jobber, looked like a throne suitable for a king! I felt like the king of the highway sitting in that baby going down the road.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Wow thats a long fight, glad you won it!
Funny how simple apple pie and vanilla ice cream are, yet subtle differences are huge and the best is just not easy to find?

Dan R

Poster Extraordinaire
Glad you are on the mend, GB. Pneumonia is some rough stuff. It can be very scary.

Some of my fondest childhood memories are making homemade ice cream. My brother and I would take turns cranking the handle. My Mom would cut up fresh fruit, usually peaches or strawberries, Dad would break out the rock salt and off we'd go. It took a lots of effort turning that handle, but it sure was worth it. Yes, the little things in life make it more enjoyable. Never take them for granted.

kuch

Tele-Afflicted
Hey GB,
good to hear you're feelin' better.
One thing I always remind myself is: "every day above ground is a good day" :)

take care