the littlest things....

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
there has been a lot of bad news the past few days! I had 3 weeks of being very ill (the thing, then pneumonia)... and then the bad news here... just terrible!

Sunday, we took a ride over to Watsonville and Corralitos and picked up an dutch apple berry pie from the Gizdich Ranch and some real french vanilla ice cream. My wife is an amazing baker, the best. But the pies from Ms. Gizdich are not to be denied. But, you know, it is the littlest little things.... like the first spoon of ice cream with just 3 or 4 little dark dots that bring the interior smile... the satisfaction of knowing how good that vanilla will taste... perrrrrfect. and... it is gone.

For all the sorrow that comes, I still gulp the air like it is my last and look to the tiniest of pleasures.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
Didn't realise you'd been ill - sorry to hear that.

I had pneumonia some years ago, it's not a lot of fun, so you have my heartfelt sympathies. I never did get my sense of smell back 100%.

For me, it's been a rough few weeks too, lost a friend in bad circumstances, and other friends are having a tough time right now for various reasons.

Life has no qualms about kicking you when you're down, that's for sure.

Yeah, take time to enjoy the little things, and NEVER lose a sense of wonder.

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
Sorry to hear you’ve been ill. It’s certainly going around. Your words of wisdom are most welcome GB. It’s the little things in life. Forty years on picking up my guitar and playing for a while is still as exciting as when I learned my first chords. Enjoy the little things.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Glad you are on the mend and please be careful with the pneumonia.

I'm happy you got to taste the vanilla.

The littlest things can make you happy or sad. But they help mold you into who you are. Look forward to many more of your posts.
dented

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Glad you're feeling better! I learned a very long time ago that experiences are what matters i.e. the little things. I try to collect em just the same as I collect guitars and amps LOL!!! The bonus is that they don't take up much room, which is a good thing for me ;)

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
@getbent, I am glad you pulled through the illness. Fwiw…and you might not want to hear/read this, but ice cream along with all other dairy products build phlegm. I would think that building up phlegm would be the last thing someone who is recovering from pneumonia would want to do. Clear liquids are advised…no orange juice——-which is a mucous builder as well.
I love some good ice cream, too; but I have to limit my intake or I suffer.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
@getbent, I am glad you pulled through the illness. Fwiw…and you might not want to hear/read this, but ice cream along with all other dairy products build phlegm. I would think that building up phlegm would be the last thing someone who is recovering from pneumonia would want to do. Clear liquids are advised…no orange juice——-which is a mucous builder as well.
I love some good ice cream, too; but I have to limit my intake or I suffer.
yep. it was decidedly a small amount and 'in mind' that I'd not had any dairy in a few weeks... I love hot tea, but not as much as I have had lately... I had a great night of sleep and feel better today.... a little better each day is the thing!

mark64

TDPRI Member
yep. it was decidedly a small amount and 'in mind' that I'd not had any dairy in a few weeks... I love hot tea, but not as much as I have had lately... I had a great night of sleep and feel better today.... a little better each day is the thing!
Glad you are feeling better. I have had pneumonia several times and its not fun. Over the counter Mucinex really helps loosen up the congestion, try it.