The Legendary Amp ;)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by NastyMojo, Aug 8, 2013.

1. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but I am a huge Pignose 7-100 amp fan!
    I just love everything about them. I have great knowledge about them, I collect them and love talking about them.

So I decided to put together a FB page for everyone that will have info,tons and tons of pics, and a place to talk and share info and pics of all things related to the "Legendary" little amp.

So if your a fan please come check it out and share pics of yours and stories if ya got em!

https://www.facebook.com/Pignose7100

2. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

50+ views and no one like Pignose amps? Interesting.

3. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

They said bad things about the other Amplifiers.

Pignose had it coming.

Not.

Frank Zappa recorded some of his Rockingest mess ever in the Studio with a Pignose Amp.

4. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Brother I think you've corned the market on Pignose! That's quite a collection. I remember the first time I saw one was in "Crossroads" when Ralph Macchio was walking around with his Tele and his Pignose with old Willie Brown looking for Robert Johnsons lost song.

5. zippie

zippie TDPRI Member

here.s a question for you...

was thinking about taking one busking this winter....would it be loud enough and clean...i play an archtop wit a floating hb. i usually use my vox da5 but its bigger and heavier. thanks and god luck....

6. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

Well it depends, are you going for one of the vintage ones or a reissue version?

The vintage era ones :1973 thru mid 80s (which can be found for around anywhere between $120-$300 depending on condition) have very decent amounts of clean head room and doesn't break up with overdrive until its on about 7. I know alot people will say it has no clean tone, but that is because they have only played the new reissue versions.

The reissue version breaks up around 4-5 depending if you using humbuckers or single coils, and at about 5 is sounds similar to the vintage version cranked. But past 6 on the volume dial takes you into fuzzy tones.

7. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

Frank Zappa is a legend and inspired me to get a Pignose in the first place.

But what do you mean about them saying bad things about the amps.

8. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

I've had a Pignose for years and love it. The secret -- well, not much of a secret -- is to crank it and roll back your volume on the guitar. A very cool pice of gear and can be used to get some interesting sounds. Heck, if it was good enough for Frank...

Nasty, I also see you're a cigar-box guitar player. If you haven't, check out my pal Shane Speal's website: http://www.shanespeal.com/fr_home.cfm

Shane's a good guy, a killer musician and a cigar-box-guitar evangelist.

9. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

Novel indeed, I think a Joe Perry song and some others recorded using it.

from Pig site:
    Pignose's endorser list ran from America to Frank Zappa, and included such diverse acts as The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, and even Cheech and Chong.

10. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

No... but

I've never played a Pignose amp, but I have played the guitar with amp built-in.
    My brother has one - they are great fun and very raunchy!

Attached Files:

11. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Me Too! It's still one of my all time favorite movies, right up there with the Josey Wales.

12. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.