1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The king of the low hill

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by KnopflerStyle, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I had an HT5R-H, it was a good amp except it was mainly a high-gain machine. The gain channel didn't do lower-gain very well, it ramped up really quickly, and the clean channel only had a single tone knob so there wasn't a lot of flexibility to it. It was replaced by an Egnater Tweaker 15 head and 1x12 cab, which is MUCH more versatile and does low-volume really well.

2. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Afflicted

Nice option... i have seen some reviews and videos... the thing is that i dont want to buy a cabinet too, i need something small, just to practice at home.

3. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The Tweaker 15 is also available in a 1x12 combo.

4. JohnSS

JohnSS Tele-Meister

If you don't care about snob appeal, I would advise checking out a Peavey Transtube. I use a pair of small, cranked Blazer 158 (15 watt, 8" spkr) at church and get a very close Fender Princeton sound (think Campilongo) that can keep up with drums without the volume assaulting any of the elderly in the front pews. They are dirt cheap and if you decide on a larger model like a Bandit, you have a T-dynamics control which acts sort of like a tube amp power selector. The bigger models can also serve as a backup gig amp if you don't mind using pedals for your dirt.

5. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Afflicted

Peavey 158....not bad at all.

6. Dave_O

Dave_O Friend of Leo's

I have a Peavey Rage 158 that has some description of Eminence 10" fitted after I blew out the 8".
    Killer home practice amp. Did I also mention dirt cheap?
    And I've also gigged with it on the odd occasions that I am playing a tiny room (20-30 heads).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.