The J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets....

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Colo Springs E, Jan 12, 2011.

1. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Brady is one of the best angry players ever. So was Reggie White. Guys who can channel that into something productive are rare.

2. zooyuka

zooyuka Tele-Meister

My prediction is that Cromartie still is having trouble naming all his kids.

3. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

Jets will win easily Sunday.
    Brady is the best QB in the NFL right now & destined for the Hall Of Fame. But he can't do jack when the Jets are controlling the ball for 14 minutes at a time.

And drf64, Rex can pretty much beat Peyton like a drum at will. It's not a big deal. That was just his way of psyching Peyton out last week. That game's over & done with. Now it's Brady's turn.

To TxTeleMan, The Jets beat NE's butts the first time they played this season. But it doesn't matter who won the games they already played. What matters is who wins is week.
    BTW, the Friday before they played the last time the Jets lost their defensive "quarterback", Jim Leonhard for the season. They've had time to reorganize the defense since then.
    It's almost a shame they have all that snow up in their neck of the woods. Because the Patriots will have to head south to play golf after Sunday.

4. marshman

marshman Friend of Leo's

Why do J-E-T-S fans always spell it? Is it a new thing for them, something they just learned and wanna show off?

Jus' messin', guys. I gave up on football a few years ago, but I hope y'all have a good weekend.

5. drf64

Of course with enough conditioning coaches on the side lines and some banana peels, the Jets might have a chance.

6. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

Reggie was the best ever. I remember when he was with the Eagles and they were playing the Packers, who had drafted the highly touted offensive tackle Tony Mandarich, who turned out to be a bust. Anyway, Mandarich could talk and before the game, said some things about Reggie.
    Reggie didn't say a word.
    He schooled him.
    I remember reading the story the next day. Mike Golic said it was scary out there because he didn't know which way Reggie was going to throw Mandarich.

Another story, one told by Golic, is that against the Lions, an offensive lineman kept holding Reggie and when he told him to knock it off, the guy cussed him. Reggie didn't like to be cussed.
    Next play, as Golic tells it, as they line up, he can see Reggie is steamed so Golic tells the guy across from him to take the play off so they can watch Reggie.
    He said Reggie knocked the guy backwards, off his feet, and then grabbed the guy and threw him into the quarterback for a sack.

7. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

The Jets and Pats fight it out to see who will be beaten by the Steelers.

8. detuned

detuned Tele-Holic

Anything can happen, but I don't think it will.

Tight game early, then the Pats make them pay.

The Patriots beat the Packers the other week with only 19 minutes of total possession. Jets running the ball does not scare me. If both of the rookie tight ends are healthy (& it looks like they are), it could be a long day for the Jets secondary.

9. DuncanAngus

DuncanAngus Tele-Afflicted

Sooooo looking forward to Rex and his crew to get spanked on Sunday. If he were coaching a team that I was a fan of I'd be embarassed with his mouth. Parcells, who I was never a big fan of, had a big mouth too but in a different way. Parcells also had a few big, gold rings as well and I can't see anything that the J.E.T.S Jets, Jets, Jets have done. If they can get past N.E. on Sunday, they'll finally be half-way to something, but still nothing that warrants Rex's mouth.

10. drf64

I predict that Hines Ward will be smiling after the Steelers play the Ravens. That's regardless of the outcome, mind you. They could get totally skunked and he'd still be smiling.

11. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Friend of Leo's

Moss was not dumped because he was a locker room problem. He was dumped because he had lost a step, is thirty three years old and if the NFL season doesn't happen next year, he'd be thirty five for the next effective season. Would you give a receiver a hefty new contract with those facts in play? Teams had figured out how to defense him, see the JETS first game of the season against the PATS and you will see this clearly.

Based on the PATS draft this season, the writing for a change was already on the wall. So they changed the offense to not go vertical all the time but to go short to intermediate and leverage the existing talent, Welker, Tate, and Edleman that was left as well as the rookies they had drafted, like Hernandez and Gronkowski and bring Deion Branch back. They also developed a running game with unknown running backs, who also catch the ball out of the backfield. The new offense is built around having many offensive choices, spreading the ball around and good route running, rather than sending Randy long all the time.. The addition of Alge Crumpler has also been huge, not that he's had many balls thrown his way hut for the experience he brings to Hernandez and Gronk and for his huge blocking. I love Alge Crumpler and I hope we get him a ring.

In a rebuilding tear, the PATS go 14 & 2 and are the odds on favorite to go all the way. Will they? I have no idea but its been great fun to watch.

12. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

How about Danny Woodhead? Gets let go by the Jets then makes a name for himself after getting picked up by New England. Really nice player, Division II I believe. Good story.

Despite that, I'll still be pulling for the Jets, although I'm not a fan of either team. Gotta guy 'bad guys' on this one.

13. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

Oh sure. We can't compare to those fans of the E-A-G-L-E-S, right?:D
    By the way, speaking of the Eagles, who are they playing this week?

14. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

Sure. The Patriots had a nice regular season. Just like they did in their almost perfect season.
    And what did that get them?
    The Giants won the Super Bowl that year.
    What did the J-E-T-S do since Rex has been there?
    They went to the conference final with a rookie quarterback.

15. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

It kills me seeing Woodhead playing for the Patriots.
    I couldn't believe the Jets let him go after the pre season he had.
    He seems like the kind of player any team would love to have.
    I'm really not a Patriots hater even though I am a Jets fan. So I wish him the best, except for Sunday.

16. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Sanchez has his flaws for sure, but what he also has is a short term memory loss. He can look awful for stretches but then lead a nice drive in crunch time.

I think I'm one of the few people in America who thinks he is (or is going to be) a good QB.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  17. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

Another thing I like about him is that he doesn't talk trash like some of his teammates and coach.

18. dmarg1045

dmarg1045 Friend of Leo's

An intense rivalry is what makes this fun.

19. Jester01

Jester01 Tele-Meister

The Jets are a good team, but Im afraid they arent the best in the NFL... altho if you listen to the Jets coach youd think differently... coz hes convinced they are the best...

I think the Patriots are probably the hardest team to beat this year... and the Bears when they have it together arent an easy team to beat either... Baltimore also a very tough team... The packers have a decent chance, so do the Steelers..

Man am I glad im not one of those guys that bets alot on football.... No safe bets this year.. Besides the obvious, which im sure doesnt pay.

20. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

...And Brady, all of a sudden. I used to think he was an okay guy for a Pat. But he wins a few Super Bowls & marries a super model & now he's Mr Hotshot.
    Well after Sunday he'll be like "Smarty, Smarty had a party". (A line from an old movie called Hot Spell or something like that, starring Shirley Boothe of Hazel fame)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.