1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Incredable Peavey T-60

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by alltruenews, Sep 1, 2011.

1. nasonm

nasonm Friend of Leo's

I have always seen these mystical T-60s online (on Ebay, etc) but I had never seen on in real life...until yesterday.

I was driving to the coast with the wife and kids and stopped at a guitar shop 30 min away. They happened to have a T-60 for sale with orig case for $299. Not a killer deal but I of course had to try it out.

I was surprised it wasn't as heavy as it looked. The back of it looked like a cutting board with all that grain! It felt good, played smooth but the neck was too small for me. I don't need a baseball bat but the neck felt too slim, especially at the first few frets.

So year, it was cool but not for me.

2. andrenighthound

andrenighthound Tele-Afflicted

I think I had t-15. It was a real short scale and the neck was splitting in half. I only bought it for the super ferrite pickups which currently live in a super light partscaster with a fat neck.

3. oramac7891

oramac7891 Friend of Leo's

I have been wanting one. Watching CL.there has only been one, worn and he wants 400 , needless to say it's still on there

4. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

My local craigslist has a couple of T-60s asking $400+.
    They keep re-posting them without dropping the prices, so they pop up again and again.

5. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Former Member

Me playing in France in 1983:

[​IMG]
    No, those amps weren't ours (sadly!)

The guitar I bought a while back in a fit of nostalgia:

[​IMG]

:D

6. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

sunburst T60

My brother had a sunburst T60 like that ,except there were exposed blades in the humbuckers, so yours is an early model.
    I like the look of the sunburst better than the Oak or whatever kind of wood the base models are.

Cool pic!

7. cobrat

cobrat Tele-Holic

Love the pictures. They look soo lovely and it is giving me possible GAS. Unfortunately, the only available T-60s or similar guitars are $400+ or located too far for the pricing to be worthwhile.

8. nadzab

nadzab Friend of Leo's

The sunbursts and the naturals were both ash. I believe they used alder for the solid colors, and as a result, those were lighter in weight.

9. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

as a mississipi boy, you guys got me thinking about Peavy's in a different light, honestly...

10. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

The T-Series guitars are effing great instruments. I also have an early Patriot with SF's that just kills. MIM (Made in Mississippi) guitars are great.

11. Ed P

Ed P Friend of Leo's

My T-60 is currently in the shop getting it's first pro set-up. I can hardly wait. I think of it as my Les Paul guitar - great sound and stays in tune.

12. 1962guitargeek

1962guitargeek Friend of Leo's

well naturally, after watching the demo, I have the urge to mod one of my HB guitars to that wiring scheme...

turns out their pups have a tap between the coils (duh ) in the HB...that tap goes to the tone control, allowing you to dial in any amount of humbucker you want, as demo'd.

I would post the diagram, but I don't know how to post .PDF's. here's a link to a discussion I found it in...for the rest of you you can't stop modding!:D:D

linky

13. Tweeter19

Tweeter19 NEW MEMBER!

Help

Where can I find parts for the t-60 I need the pickups prefer oem pickguard volume knob tone/phase switch black cap for the head nut

14. fgbass

fgbass TDPRI Member

Had one new, hated the neck sorry chip

15. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Here are my two T's
    The Tea burst is set up all original and the custom made T-63 ( that's right ! Count 'em ) was modified by me. I took the phase switch out of circuit and the switch turns on the middle pickup which is tied into the bridge controls. The Black one weighs a TON and is called Zombie Killer.

Attached Files:

16. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Is Chip on this list??

17. hymiepab

hymiepab Tele-Meister

I'd wanted one of these for a long time and bought one right before Christmas.
    I've only had single coil electrics and I liked the idea of being able to dial in a humbucker tone with a knob.
    Plenty of great, usable tones from this one at a (still) affordable cost....

18. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I just got a T-15 in a trade last night! What a fun little guitar. I used to scoff at 'em back in the day, but it only took me 30 or so years to get smart enough to get hold of one. :D

[​IMG]

- D

19. ReaL Madras

ReaL Madras Tele-Afflicted

I bought a real banged up one in the summer and give it a bit of tlc..... I'm just waiting for a replacement truss rod cover to arrive.

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1454268906.824892.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1454268964.936389.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1454269017.996575.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1454269067.304992.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1454269124.895748.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1454269168.837560.jpg

20. ReaL Madras

ReaL Madras Tele-Afflicted

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1454269285.394877.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1454269308.176005.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1454269366.936201.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.