1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Illusion

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by uriah1, Apr 16, 2021.

1. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Wore this 8 track out

Aftermath likes this.
  2. Bellacaster

Bellacaster Tele-Afflicted

Awesome! I have this record. A buddy of mine used to have a record selling business in the mid to late aughts before records became a thing where he'd go to estate sales and buy everything and this was a gem that he turned me on to. I've also been record shopping with a buddy and insisted that he buy a copy of it. I wonder if they had some sort of regional success in Michigan? I think they're from New York state.

uriah1 likes this.
  3. bangcaster

bangcaster Tele-Meister

I saw them in a club in Queens, NY in about 1967. They were real showmen.

Aftermath, StrangerNY and uriah1 like this.
  4. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I played a festival in Philly where they headlined when the first album came out. They rolled up in the biggest U-Haul truck they could get and proceeded to unload the biggest collection of Marshalls I'd ever seen at that point - Majors for the guitarists and bass player, all double stacks, and a Marshall PA. Drool city.

When 'If It's So' came out, they came back and played in the courtyard of my high school. By that time the Marshalls were gone and everybody was playing through Twins and Deluxes.

Rich Cerniglia was a hell of a guitar player - I believe he had a Burst before they were the Big Thing. And they really put on a great show. Coming from Long Island in those days, if you didn't 'mak show' you were dead.

My band played this one in the clubs for years.

- D

uriah1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.