The hottest June day in Japanese history:

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
I was referring to the OP's post about Japan. That's why it mentions Japanese history.

And either way, I'm just here for the comedy.

Because Japan isn't mentioned in the 2nd panel I was reading it as he was saying it was the hottest day anywhere in history(which many people would probably read and just believe without any critical thought about it).

Except that it wouldn't be funny. And does today's temperature in Roanoke alter the reality of what is happening to our environment?

No, but it might give perspective that we hit these same highs 86 years and 10 years ago and it's no reason to go crazy. (And that many of the record highs were set in 1930/31 and 1952/54 -heat waves.).

No reason to go all "ready, fire, aim".

It's a good reason to be smart with our resources, and find the best solutions, not just whatever the plan of the day is that we're told we should do at all cost.

...just as long as our cars are happy; that's what's truly important.

Because the cars are the problem, the only problem and if we switch to electric cars everything will be peachy.

26AE2A50-B8C3-54D6-258454D0CE6E69E9.jpeg.jpg

download.jpeg-10.jpg

It's different when someone is important.

Private-Jets-1219-Lede.jpg

When you're important, you don't worry about sea level, even if you're on the ocean.

SmartSelect_20220626-112600_Gallery.jpg

You can even make an oasis in the desert.

SmartSelect_20220626-112858_Gallery.jpg

image-2.jpg

I think I missed the elites letting people stay at their 3rd, 4th, and 5th houses to ease their economic suffering. I'm sure they turn off the A/C when they're not there.

Don't mind the mining equipment. It's for batteries and electric. It runs on fairy dust and the digging, processing, and manufacturing of all that doesn't release anything bad.

images.jpeg-13.jpg

download.jpeg-9.jpg

images.jpeg-14.jpg

Last edited:

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
Today the official temp (at the airport) was 90. At the house it was 88.
I’ve often marveled how a tropical summer day can be cooler than a lot of the Northern Hemisphere
Yes I remember flying from New York to Saigon in July and how it was noticeably cooler in Vietnam.

OP, 104 is very hot in Japan! I lived in Kyoto and remember a lot of 35c type of days in July, and in Kagoshima where I also lived, plenty of hot and sticky days. But 104f is a hot one for sure.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The ambient temp here was 103 F today.

In East Texas, that means the heat index is about 175 degrees lmao.

All of you stay cool, and safe, no matter where you live.

I did yard work about a week ago, was done by about 11am.

I still slept that night and most of the next day. It just drained me.
It's been over a hundred here in Bakersfield for the last few days and will continue for another five days or so. 107 tomorrow is what they're saying on the weather channel. We did a lot of yard work the last couple of days digging holes for bushes and a small tree arranging some bricks and cleaning up after a tree removal. Additionally, we had to go buy some bagged fertilizer and extra soil, picked up the tree and bushes at a nursery. We also walked Alex a mile and a quarter both days. We had NO trouble sleeping.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I mentioned taking Alex for a walk. We wait until after sundown to take him for his walk. We are ALWAYS mindful that he is down there where it's probably the hottest place to be. Generally, a mild breeze picks up around 8:00 pm, and when the sun goes down the streets cool off pretty quickly.

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
Global warming Man made, corporate sponsored & promulgated and not accepted by 40% of Americans. Who are these people? LOL

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Seems strange that is the hottest. But Japan can be unbearable in the high 80's.
Heck here in Seattle we were 107 a couple years ago in May.

hdvades

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Global warming Man made, corporate sponsored & promulgated and not accepted by 40% of Americans. Who are these people? LOL
Me? My '22 Subaru Outback is happy. I think that's because it is a PZEV. I grew up in Pittsburgh. We had steel mills. Cars had inefficient carburetors, no EFI and catalytic converters. We've come a long way from those days. I'm more concerned about the deforestation of the Amazon Basin and all these plastic products. Bring back paper bags and glass bottles. And thank the dear Lord for Budweiser, Telecasters and coffee...gotta have coffee.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Because Japan isn't mentioned in the 2nd panel I was reading it as he was saying it was the hottest day anywhere in history(which many people would probably read and just believe without any critical thought about it).

snip

Oh, no, my friend. Try living in AZ. Temps average 110 in the summer. 115 is not uncommon and you see 120+ now and then.

No way I would suggest that was any sort of world record.