The hottest June day in Japanese history:

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
We only got 91 today in Georgia. 9 degrees short of the record of 100.

I was trying to find when the record was set. Weather. gov probably has the info, but I can't figure out how to access the record highs for anywhere other than Roanoke, Virginia. Record highs in Roanoke around June 25 were set in 1930, 31, and 52.

Screenshot_20220625-234747_Samsung Internet.jpg

sabuchan

TDPRI Member
Humidity is insane in summer in Japan. 😩😩😩
I was out running to the mother’s nursing home to delivery some fresh fruits in the late afternoon yesterday. The temperature in my home town, Yokohama Japan was around 33C/91F.
I spent a couple of years in Saudi when I was a kid and went to a grad school in Southern California. Both places were hotter than Yokohama, but the high humidity in Japan makes 91F brutal. We are supposed to be in the middle of Tsuyu or rainy season. I’m afraid that we are going to face not just electricity crisis but also a food shortage if the rainy season this year goes away sooner than a normal year.

dogmeat

Friend of Leo's
it is a different world, and that is a fact. because I have a degree in geology (minor to my Tech major BST) I have strong opinions,,,, based in fact. global warming, enhanced by humans is a real thing, period. 35 years ago when I was completing my undergrad degree, the main geophysist on AKs north slope oil field mentioned... "a global warming trend" ... first I ever heard that phrase. turns out, they knew, because it affects all logistics, and especially exploration. and it got stronger over the years. fact

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
It’s been crazy hot for June in France and Switzerland - we were hitting 39C+. It’s usually hotter in July/August, so this is per crazy.

Houses here have central heating, not air conditioning, so you can imagine how it looks… fans and portable air con units sold out, people are drained and tetchy, lots of arguments… personally I just don’t super the heat so it’s been unbearable.

On top of the heat we have had massive thunderstorms and hail like golf balls in some regions… and summer has not even started!!!

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Colorado Springs, we're up and down, though I don't think we've been much higher than 90℉ yet. Today the high will be a cool and damp 60 and I'm good with that!

GeneB

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
The ambient temp here was 103 F today.

In East Texas, that means the heat index is about 175 degrees lmao.

All of you stay cool, and safe, no matter where you live.

I did yard work about a week ago, was done by about 11am.

I still slept that night and most of the next day. It just drained me.
Upper 90's here but humidity at 7:30 am was 99% today. I do my yard work starting at 7am and always quit/finish before 10am. Worst is my poor dog - the streets and sidewalk are blazing hot so I need to carry her across the street to the park/grass. I put my hand down on the asphalt and it burned me in just a few seconds. A dogs paws will not protect them in this heat.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
We broke 2 records in Ohio again. Seems like that has been happening a lot .

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Upper 90's here but humidity at 7:30 am was 99% today. I do my yard work starting at 7am and always quit/finish before 10am. Worst is my poor dog - the streets and sidewalk are blazing hot so I need to carry her across the street to the park/grass. I put my hand down on the asphalt and it burned me in just a few seconds. A dogs paws will not protect them in this heat.

Get a laser thermometer. At 100 deg and sunny, black pavement is likely 135 deg. Way too hot.

Dog should not be out walking over 100 even on cooler dirt. They can't sweat. Heat exhaustion is common.