The horror...of google drive

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jupiter, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I'd say the thread is more about 1s and 0s, or maybe pumpkins, but yeah, I am alive to the irony.
    kusama pumpkins.jpg

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

like tears in rain...
    trust me, it is electrons not 1's and 0's

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Beg to differ; the electrons are constantly flitting in and out of the picture and (relatively? I'm no cosmologist) constant in number, but FILES are proliferating. Punkins too!

If we boil it all down to electrons, then I guess humans are in the same boat, and--
    sudden clarity.jpg

nah, that didn't help: too zen

4. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

36423590_2312737712090982_2620186580366655488_n.jpg
    the poetry of storage physics is sometimes lost on the poet.... she isn't tired, she just wants me to come to bed.

Jupiter likes this.
  5. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

That reminded me of this month’s board meeting where I’m secretary. Office 365 does the live editing too and I’m not sure many realize that.

A woman on that board who I treasure is a former teacher and now corporate training content editor. It kills her to see a typo for a moment. She’s constantly trying to correct spelling before auto-correct or I can. As soon as she can stop with her cursor realizing what she’s trying to do the new machine intelligence that does grammar suggestions come up and she tries to beat that. I finally had to tell her to give me and the robots a few seconds because she didn’t realize she was making it all worse.

I like the AI and grammar help. I’m not strong there but married a woman who does 3 languages as a native or certified native. Language and grammar with troubled kids is her day job. Two of our 3 kids are really strong there. The papa and other kid who excel in other areas are almost always harassed by the rest.

On help, college will be interesting. None of our kids like to ask for help but will when it’s appropriate. We’re a bike ride from one of the better universities in the country and our oldest has been accepted there. She’s torn between getting into the best (and affordable) school and not getting far from home. I aim low - mostly don’t want them in jail or a being parent at a young age.

:)

P Thought likes this.
  6. imwjl

The Mac Plus was new when I finally graduated college and to be honest a life saver because of dyslexia. I remember biking to the university computing center to get a grammar program that was on a floppy. I don’t recall the name but recall the swapping floppy disks.

Word processing and spreadsheets made all the difference for my being able to complete some college courses. It’s stuff people take for granted now. When everything had to done with a typewriter it took me days. When I started with word processors I could get typed output and papers someone understood.

I still hated the computers but ironically ended up in a tech career.

P Thought likes this.
  7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Everyone I know in Tech hates computers!

8. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Man, me too. :oops: So did my parents, I'm afraid, and their parents.

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

10. imwjl

I'm hating them right now because 16:00 Friday and snowing. I could find other reasons - easy.

My parents were very aim high and I did not like it one bit.

11. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Ever look at a ceiling fan going round and round, and round, and wondering, "what revolution is it on?" Like the first day you first turned it on, there's the first revolution, then the second, on, and on, and on, and on. and who knows to what number after 10 or 15 years. A number not unlike that of undeleted files in Google drive. I stopped using Google when they officially dropped "don't be evil.".

I would like to find the developer of Sharepoint and personally eviscerate that person with something dull, rusty, and jagged. Very, very slowly. What a flucking abomination.

12. imwjl

I got coleg ejamacated. It taked a wile. It was a school always listed as top party place in Playboy magazine 'n didn't want to disapoint so partied our hardest. Weez even got on CNN one Halloween. Other times visiting muscians ended up at our place after shows.

That all taked real big efforts. At times some wasn't liking it but pls trust that it taked big efforts fer doin all that. Purty much most of us even truned out alrite 'n found wives too. Mostly our own wives but some guys not.

P Thought likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.