The Holy Paisley Les Paul or has this relic job gone too far?

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Those pics look like that guitar is owned by some goober who lives on a houseboat. I'll bet his dock mates live the sound of a belt sander at 3:30 in the morning.

Okay, so I bought it and fixed the headstock to match the aesthetics of the body.

I also installed Grovers.

Much better now.

Gibson-Headstock-Grovers.jpg

pippoman

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Those pics look like that guitar is owned by some goober who lives on a houseboat. I'll bet his dock mates live the sound of a belt sander at 3:30 in the morning.

Okay, so I bought it and fixed the headstock to match the aesthetics of the body.

I also installed Grovers.

Much better now.

Gibson-Headstock-Grovers.jpg
Looks obscene.

jrblue

Friend of Leo's
You can say that something is art, but that doesn't make it so. I can call my shoes lollipops, but that does not change them from what they really are: shoes. That guitar is not art -- or, if the maker insists that it is, then it is bad, crap art. There's no free ride in art, where just because you made "art" everyone has to somehow find it legit and good, even when it's done by a dilettante and sucks, as this does. We all fail now and then, and this failure cost one guitar.

dlsnyd2003

TDPRI Member
Some things can't be unseen, my apologies

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/msg/d/gardena-gibson-les-paul-custom-cut/7500036275.html

From the ad,
"This was a project guitar using a gibson tribute les paul.
Guitar is as much a piece of art as it is a playable instrament.
Used all lacquer, candy and metallic flake."

View attachment 996765 View attachment 996766 View attachment 996767 View attachment 996768 View attachment 996769
I have to say that the bog hole in the body looks great. I played a 13 holed Jazz bass for a few years. It was great to not loose your shoulder after playing a few hours. I would like that in a more solid black I think but i dig the big hole. It could use a few more.

stepvan

Tele-Afflicted

Steve T

TDPRI Member
Taking weight relief to the next level. No, seriously, kill it with fire, then bury the ashes at the crossroads.