The Head and Cab I Shudda Never Let Go ...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Rob DiStefano, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Rob DiStefano

Rob DiStefano Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

A 60s mint Tremolux found it's way to me about a dozen years ago (thanx Kenny!) and it needed a cab, so I built one with wicker cane grille, Baltic birch ply baffle, dovetailed pine, hidden handle, Weber AlNiCo speakers. A year later I sold it. Dummy.

cab28.jpg

The very beginning ...
    cab102.jpg

Loaded up ....
    cab22.jpg

cab25.jpg

2. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

I had a 63 blond Tremolux with 2 tens - we didn't know we were doing our gigs with vintage gear, wish I had it back along with the 62 strat that I painted metallic purple.

Ricky D. likes this.
  3. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Regrets, I've had a few............

Wish I could have kept a white Bassman cab, that I had put a D130F in. It was perfect, it just worked. We used it for guitar, bass, vocals, stereo--it just worked.
    Had to sell it when I moved.
    Dammit!

4. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

I ran my BF Tremolux head through a 60s Rickenbacker 4 x 10 cab full of alnico Jensens. Fabulous tone and a big low end from that cab. I lost it to economic distress and really miss that rig. Conversely, I now have a blonde Tremolux 2 x 10 cab with a Weber 10A125 and Blue Pup, and want a blonde-circuit head.

5. Tele-phone man

Tele-phone man Tele-Afflicted

Beautiful work, Rob. Yes, you should have kept that set.

6. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nah. Now if it was a white one...

7. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Just beautiful Rob! I bet that sounded magic. For me it a simple '65 Bassman head w/ a small, tight, quick 2-12 cab was the combo I should have kept. What were we thinking?

PS, nice dovetailing fence there. I have an old Incra fence from my acoustic guitar building days! I love wood working. It comes natural to me in a way that feels ordained. Its the best therapy I know of for any problem, just like music...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  8. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

This one. Laney Lionheart L20H. I traded this, plus some cash to get a Gibson ES339 which I no longer have. I never should’ve let the amp go.

upload_2020-4-1_5-51-44.jpeg

9. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

It's funny musicians get all starry eyed over the Tremolux while the similar non- reverb Bandmaster gets no respect. Maybe that's because Fender made more Bandmasters between 1967 and 1969 than any other model. They can be found almost anywhere. Even better, no matter how hard collectors try to push the prices the resistance level price is still affordable.

Add a Super Reverb PT if you absolutely must have a tube rectifier. There is already a blocked- off hole for it in the Bandmaster chassis.

I'd park it on top of a pseudo- Dumble cabinet loaded with a Copperhead and a GA-SC64. Cover it with black tolex. Done!

LuthRavin likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.