The Grateful Dead Reunion - Tickets.....

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Tazz3

Tazz3 Friend of Leo's

How many oringal band members will be playing, and how many are left.
    I don't like these reunions because sometimes u have one member from the oringal band and the rest are just fill ins and the one guy calls it a reunion when its really not.

2. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

With the Dead are you sure that's what the people want a hit of? :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. rideit

rideit Tele-Holic

This isn't that.

4. jaybones

jaybones Friend of Leo's

That's insane!!

The only way I would spend that much would be if it was a reincarnated Jerry Garcia with Bruce Hornsby on keys (some of the best of the 44 shows I saw).

Even paying more than $20-25 for tickets burns me up.

Most I ever paid was $65 for Pink Floyd in '93 and $50 for U2 in '97. Thinking about Dave Mathews Band this summer, at Blossom, for $55 in the lawn. Seats under the roof/pavilion are about twice that. Not that big a DMB fan but they're one of those bands that I figure I gotta see while they're still around.

5. Jon C

Jon C Tele-Meister

Love the Dead (the real thing, not this), but these prices are for delusional types with more money than sense.

6. bloomz

bloomz Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

7. greggorypeccary

greggorypeccary Friend of Leo's

Four (out of six). With Bruce Hornsby on keys who was sort of a member in 90-91. They've played together in various combinations over the past 20 years, but this is such a big thing because they say these are the last shows they will do together.

8. Red Square

Red Square Friend of Leo's

Marketing decision? How do you arrive at that?
    There were a third of a MILLION mail in ticket requests before tickets even went on sale through the common channels. Clearly they didn't need Trey to sell tickets.
    They could have plugged an unknown into the Jerry spot and it wouldn't have impacted ticket sales at all.

9. steve v

steve v Tele-Holic

I've had really mixed feelings about this whole thing. The Grateful Dead have been an important part of my life since my mid teens and part of me really wanted to go. I looked into the VIP/hotel packages but they sold out very quicky.

Conversely, I don't think the shows are going to be very good and I have a suspicion that the whole scene will degrade into a complete fiasco. I'm not really a Trey fan, nor a hater, but he would not have been my choice. I really am surprised by the demand for tickets and I have a feeling that many, many more people are going to roll into town with no tickets, nowhere to stay, etc. I saw a number of the '94/'95 shows and the scene was pretty rough, I think this could be worse.

I do hope to be pleasantly surprised and the band will deliver the goods. I don't feel like I'll be missing out, I hope to be enjoying a simulcast show in a comfortable environment, enjoying a cold beverage, and remembering the good old days

10. Martin R

Martin R Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Same here. Hornsby was a good fit.

11. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire

Keep an eye out for the $200 box set CD and DVD package to follow.

12. teleforumnoob

teleforumnoob Friend of Leo's

My thoughts too when I heard about it.
    For me the GD ended in 1995.
    You couldn't give me ticket to this.
    I'm way too old for large outdoor concerts in July regardless of ticket price.

13. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Yeah that's pretty much what "hippy culture" has become
    Spoiled kids with more money than sense and awful taste in music.

The Dead were amazing when they were actually a band. This band (especially for this price ) is big time facepalm material.

14. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

It's a Dead show. Do what Deadheads have always done... just show up and hang out in the parking lot.

Faux Dead show...

One million dollars.

Hanging out in the parking lot...

Priceless. :D

15. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

You'd think this would be an "Aha!" moment for all these modern-day deadheads. It's certainly the perfect opportunity.

Yet, something tells me that's not gonna happen

Deadheads are about the worst for continually, dogmatically, and stoically perpetuating the myth of the object of their adoration (next maybe to Beatles fans). Whaddya bet 30 years from now, as GD v.7 is being formed to tour, deadheads are saying "yeah, it's not gonna be like it was back with Trey, THAT was awesome, maaaan..." , while dipping into the trust fund for the scratch to go :lol:

16. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

Pigpen was the soul of that band. The Dead were never the same after he left us. Saw the Dead maybe half a dozen time with Ron. After that only once but that was enough.

17. rideit

rideit Tele-Holic

Maybe at times. But at other times, he was a marginal keyboard player that couldn't keep up with the rest of the boys. He was often lost.

18. MrTwang

MrTwang Friend of Leo's

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  19. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

Given your age, your viewpoint is not to be unexpected. Pigpen birthed the Warlocks and kept the Dead rooted. Has nothing to do with technical proficiency. He was its heart and soul. Maybe it is just a you had to be there thing.

If these guys were truly the Grateful Dead then in the true spirit of the band the send off would be a free concert in the park.

20. JackStraw

JackStraw Friend of Leo's

Amen.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.