The GoGo’s. New Years Eve.

knavel

Tele-Holic
Jane Wiedin (Guitar - green hair) grew up in Oconomowoc WI - my previous home town. I’d like to see her play live. There aren’t many rock stars from Oconomowoc WI.

I'll go one further and say there are even less here (including me) who can pronounce "Oconomowoc"!

Yeah that would be a good gig to attend.

Attachments

• 12-A9-E855-07-E3-4786-B5-A2-DD23686-C3275.jpg
    12-A9-E855-07-E3-4786-B5-A2-DD23686-C3275.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 10

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
I like the Go-Go’s. The bass line on “Our Lips Are Sealed” Is fun to learn and play.

They have what, 3-4 hits everyone wants to hear? Guessing they might be the last act on NYE? A few other acts in front of them? When I play a NYE gig we play 3 sets about an hour each. I can’t imagine the Go-Gos doing that.

That’s because you’re a cover band. How many of your original songs are hits?

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
I'll go one further and say there are even less here (including me) who can pronounce "Oconomowoc"!

Yeah that would be a good gig to attend.

I can. Been through there many times to see extended family. "It's a real nice place to raise your kids up."

knavel

Tele-Holic
Hey! I'll have you know that Oconomowoc WI was mentioned in the Married with Children episode where Peg's bra was discontinued. We're like famous!

Check this out........

I forgot how great MWC was as a TV show.

OK I have the pronunciation down now. Being from Michigan we are pretty good at these sorts of thing, like Mackinac, Tahquamenon, etc. I have no excuse.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
1982 vs 2022. They’re playing New Year’s Eve in Vegas. I’ll admit it. I really want to go. It’s going
to be a party.

Jane Wiedin (Guitar - green hair) grew up in Oconomowoc WI - my previous home town. I’d like to see her play live. There aren’t many rock stars from Oconomowoc WI.

B34-FC6-C4-F113-4435-83-CB-7-DCE04-AE1886.jpg

A really good band that's "cleaned up" from their punk roots. Gina Shock is my favorite rock drummer and still a badass in her mid-60s.. She's got taste and power that's not overpowering. She's the driver of the band and keeps things from leaning too far in the pop direction.

It'll be a good show. I hope they make a video that we can see. Here's a taste of a long, live gig:

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Last week a DJ on a local college radio station was talking about Brandi Carlisle and stated, "formerly of The Go-Gos..." I laughed out loud on that one.

Belinda has recorded with many other artists, including the Smithereens. She has a lovely voice.

Jane Wiedin (Guitar - green hair) grew up in Oconomowoc WI

Jane "Drano" Wiedlin played Joan of Arc in the film Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. She was hawt!

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
1982 vs 2022. They’re playing New Year’s Eve in Vegas. I’ll admit it. I really want to go. It’s going
to be a party.

B34-FC6-C4-F113-4435-83-CB-7-DCE04-AE1886.jpg

Margot is in the first photo, so it can be no later than 1980, and Jane moved to Los Angeles when she was six and attended Taft High School in Woodland Hills, so she's really a valley girl. :) But Wisconsin still gets to claim the cheese.

I've seen the Go-Go's live a bunch of times between 1990 and 2005, the last time with my wife the day before she went into the hospital for the birth of our second daughter. In fact, at that show, we rode the elevator down from the House of Blues Foundation Room with Gina Schock and Belinda Carlisle and her mother and stepfather, and Schock observed that my wife looked like she was about to pop. That was probably my favorite Go-Go's show. I also saw them at the Troubadour with Vicki Peterson of the Bangles filling in on lead guitar because Charlotte Caffey was sitting out due to pregnancy.

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
The Go-Gos are a great band, but I will always prefer the Bangles.

Unlike The Bangles, the Go-Go's wrote all their own tunes (save for a cover of "Cool Jerk") and insisted on playing their own instruments. More importantly, the Go-Go's were just better songwriters. But I do really like The Bangles' first album "All Over the Place."

A million years ago, I wrote a story about the Go-Go's sex tape for the underground magazine Film Threat. I always liked the intro.

1-07a570c458.jpg