The Gift

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
A friend just gifted me an HH 4x12 speaker cabinet. It's an old one- built like a tank and weighs as much as a light armoured car.......
I've been wanting one, for a while- although I have no need for such a thing. Who does, today? Probably needs to be re-configured, for my 4 ohm amp heads. I'll open it up, tomorrow and see what's inside.
This will almost certainly be a brief flirtation, before I pass the cab on, to one of my younger musical friends. I may take it to my friend's rehearsal space, for the winter, or set something up, in a warm(-ish) corner of my workshop.
The first question is 'how do I get this thing out of my car, without ruining my back, damaging the cab or scratching up the vehicle?'

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
A friend just gifted me an HH 4x12 speaker cabinet. It's an old one- built like a tank and weighs as much as a light armoured car.......
I've been wanting one, for a while- although I have no need for such a thing. Who does, today? Probably needs to be re-configured, for my 4 ohm amp heads. I'll open it up, tomorrow and see what's inside.
This will almost certainly be a brief flirtation, before I pass the cab on, to one of my younger musical friends. I may take it to my friend's rehearsal space, for the winter, or set something up, in a warm(-ish) corner of my workshop.
The first question is 'how do I get this thing out of my car, without ruining my back, damaging the cab or scratching up the vehicle?'
To my mind, "A friend just gifted me...." is a euphemism for "A friend was gonna put this out at the curb, and I snagged it before thinking". ;)
You said it yourself....."....I have no need for such a thing." When I was much younger, I'd drag almost anything home that someone was getting rid of. I now have a house full of "gifts".
That said.....I hope you enjoy it, and your back survives. ;););)

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I had a 4 x 12 Marshall. I moved it into my house and never moved it again until I sold it on Craigslist. Move it home and have fun with it. I have a couple good 2 x 12’s now. That’s as big as I’ll go now that I’m in my 50’s.

The cab was free. You can buy one of these for $29.

milwaukee-hand-trucks-hd250-64_600.jpg

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
To my mind, "A friend just gifted me...." is a euphemism for "A friend was gonna put this out at the curb, and I snagged it before thinking". ;)
You said it yourself....."....I have no need for such a thing." When I was much younger, I'd drag almost anything home that someone was getting rid of. I now have a house full of "gifts".
That said.....I hope you enjoy it, and your back survives. ;););)
When I collected it, a plan for it's next place of residence was already forming- but I had been thinking of buying something, all summer. I think of this as a fortuitous coincidence- an open-ended trial period. Once I've made a hell of a noise, with all my available amps, it'll be time for Plan B. :)

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
I had a 4 x 12 Marshall. I moved it into my house and never moved it again until I sold it on Craigslist. Move it home and have fun with it. I have a couple good 2 x 12’s now. That’s as big as I’ll go now that I’m in my 50’s.

The cab was free. You can buy one of these for $29.

milwaukee-hand-trucks-hd250-64_600.jpg
We called these sack barrows, at one of the first places I worked, in the early '70s. Very useful, for things I can't raise to the height of a wheelbarrow.....:D

(I have a sack barrow and two wheelbarrows, in the shed:lol:.)