The ghosts surround us, sometimes we can see them… Have you ever seen one?

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Marcus Nalgaber, Dec 13, 2019.

1. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

To answer the OPs question, yep, I saw one one time. I lived in a farmhouse built late 1700s. Whatever it was stayed in my bedroom closet and insisted that the light in the closet stayed on. If you turned it off, next time you enter the room the light is on. Never asked a scientist but 2 electricians couldn't explain it. also, there were 2 gravestones about 30 yards from the house that were so weather beaten that it was hard to read the carvings. Below one name it said "improved this land" and both had dates from 17XX really worn.

Not saying the markers had anything to do with anything but it's the only place I lived where I had to mow around grave markers.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  2. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks.

I wish it was original. I heard it from my Kung fu teacher. An old Chinese belief.

Marcus Nalgaber likes this.
  3. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Holic

Sure, @Ricky D. : I'm not suprised that it is from Chinese obedience - I am a Qi-Qong practiser for years.;)

-tbln

Marcus Nalgaber and Ricky D. like this.
  4. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

5. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I came out my front door once to see a fella in our front yard, i chased after him, he jumped over the fence (3 ft high) and vanished..

Lots of strange happenings in that house over the next few years, stereo controls being played with while we sat and listened to music, doors opening and closing, lights flicked on and off, footsteps when no one else at home and so on..

I returned to meet the new people living there some years later, they had also seen someone at their window, the fellow they described was exactly like the guy i chased over the fence. And the window he was looking in at them from was way off the ground, nothing to for anyone to stand on to get head high enough to look in..

6. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

we stopped to pee in the mountains of central PA, north of Lancaster, near an abandoned house. after a minute, the guys in the van started yelling at us to come back. they had seen a child and a man staring down at us from one of the upstairs windows, but of course they were now gone. I was like yeah right, but the guys in the van were visibly shaken up for the rest of the trip, and you can tell when someone is acting after a while. they were not. they were truly shaken.

the man and child were in separate windows, watching us the whole time.

7. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Holic

When the Kenilworth was open in Sebring Florida I visited there one weekend. It was a slow weekend for them. I heard that the place was haunted and the lady at the front desk said all of the second floor. They would use rooms from the first and third floor first and leave the second floor un- occupied for as long as possible. On a Sunday morning I asked if I could visit the second floor, and she said sure go ahead. I went up to the second floor and admired all the pictures and posters of all the racing greats and the famous Sebring races. All of the pictures were just a little bit canted one way or another so as I looked at each one I straightened them. When I got to the end of the long hallway I turned around, and all of those pictures were crooked again. I just said outloud, I'm sorry, and got the hell out of there.

8. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Holic

The other place that I know is haunted is the Topaz Hotel in Flagler Beach Florida. They used to have a restaurant called Blue at Topaz. The first time I went in there I asked the waiter if the place was haunted that's how creeped out I was. He didn't say a word but went behind the bar and came back with a thick scrapbook that explains everything.

Marcus Nalgaber and jman72 like this.
  9. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

I smell perfume quite often, but isn't my mom I think of. Just saying :twisted:

10. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

If you knew mommy
    like I knew mommy
    oh oh
    oh what a gal

Marcus Nalgaber and Skydog1010 like this.
  11. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

sick,

Marcus Nalgaber and Skydog1010 like this.
  12. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

It's dinosaur ghosts you really need to worry about. Those suckers are huge.

13. Seasicksailor

Seasicksailor Friend of Leo's

Perhaps, but all I have at the moment is my gradually expanding philosophy.

And we know a lot more now than a guy from the 1600s. ;-)

14. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

You don't hear a lot of people mention naked ghosts or ghosts of cows or squirrels etc.

15. Skydog1010

Okey dokey!

16. Skydog1010

Harry the Hamster in my family

Marcus Nalgaber and Otis Fine like this.
  17. Skydog1010

I almost slid off the edge of the Internet yesterday, but it was all relative.

18. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

Here's how I look at it.
    (And I'm going to free-emote. It may take a few paragraphs. If you bore easily, please move onto another posting or thread.)

I believe that we are, most of us anyway, blessed with five socially/scientifically-accepted senses that we can easily describe and quantify:
    Touch, sight, hearing, smell and taste.

Touch includes that which we can feel at our fingertips and on various parts of our body, and it also includes proprioception (which is a bit more complicated), and it also includes our perception of/reaction to heat and chill.

Conventional sight or vision is that which our brain takes in via our eyes.

We hear thru an intricate mechanism and set of tiny bones, nerves, and membranes in our inner ear.

Smell and taste are very closely related, and one depends upon the other, in a number of ways.

We learn through hearing, seeing and doing.
    Basic knowledge is learned through each of the 5 senses, in the following manner.

Seeing - 83 percent
    Hearing - 11 percent
    Touching - 3 ½ percent
    Smelling - 1 ½ percent
    Tasting - 1 percent

Now we must also accept another sense, that of balance. Or, spatial orientation.
    We stay upright and we maneuver thru life via other mechanisms in the inner ear that comprise our vestibular system.

Does that add up to six senses, not five?
    That depends on who you ask.

Let's take it one step further.

Reflexes.
    Slow or fast reflexes.
    Ones ability to move and react with lightning fast motions and actions.
    Creatures with fast reflexes survive.
    Those with slow reflexes not so much.

Are reflexes another sense?
    Or are they gifts, skills and instincts that involve a combination of all the other senses?

Most of us lean toward the latter and not the former hypothesis.

Finally, there are the senses that are not so much socially or scientifically-accepted.
    Intuition.
    Prophesy.
    Telepathy.
    Telekinesis.
    Occult perceptions, and paranormal vision.

We all know people who seem to have a knack for knowing what's going to happen next.
    People who are unusually perceptive and who are exceptionally empathetic.
    Right here on this forum, and in this thread, we have people who have seen and/or sensed ghosts.

Who is to say that some of us are born with senses and talents that others among us do not possess?

Some of us have musical talents and gifts that most other people will never achieve in this lifetime.
    We are genetically wired to be able to hear correct pitch, sing beautiful harmonies, and play musical instruments quite well.
    Others are not.

There are athletes who have incredible skills, strength, stamina, and sports aptitude.
    They are genetically wired to be able to perform at a high level, while most of us are simply not.

(I'm coming to the end of this, so hang in there.)

I believe that there are many among us who are genetically wired to perceive things that others cannot and will never.
    People who have unusual intuition.
    People who know what suit and number will be revealed at the next turn of a card.
    People who know when it's going to storm, and can predict the next earthquake.
    People who wake up in the middle of the night, knowing that their child is in trouble, many miles away.

People who can see and sense ghosts.

They say that we only use a small percentage of our brains, and that we understand, (for all our scientific and medical advancements), the true potential of the human brain and sensory organs even less.

Q: Do I believe in ghosts and the paranormal, and are they real?

A: I believe that I don't know enough yet to answer that definitively.

But I am willing to keep an open mind.

:)

19. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Then you know.

I love watching the sky. Have you ever noticed all the animal clouds on a nice summer day? When foul weather moves in, all the animal clouds disappear. Always. I think they know.

20. Rowrx1

Rowrx1 TDPRI Member

I’ve never seen one myself. But I do enjoy a good ghost story.

It seams like people used to claim to have seen ghosts more in the long ago past. But over time, an ever increasing number of people have died. So shouldn’t there be way more ghosts now than ever before? Eventually we’ll be overrun.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.