The ghosts surround us, sometimes we can see them… Have you ever seen one?

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Marcus Nalgaber, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Marcus Nalgaber

Marcus Nalgaber Tele-Holic

The Ghost under the tree - The ghosts surround us, sometimes we can see them… Have you ever seen one?

Regards

2. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Holic

Yes, or something like one.

When I was around 8 or 9 I was sleeping in my bed. I woke up randomly around 2 am and the moon was shining brightly.

I looked out of my window at the cornfield that was across from my childhood home and I saw a woman dressed in all white floating above the cornfield.

I watched her for a while and she took the form of a white dog and started running toward my house. When it got to my back sliding door, it disappeared. I went back to sleep (I may have been dreaming the whole time, not sure).

The next day, I’m at my next door neighbor’s house and we’re playing on their swing set. Out of nowhere a white dog runs across their yard right by us. We start chasing the dog. The dog turns the corner of their house and we are right behind it, half a second behind. As we turn the corner of the house, the dog is nowhere to be seen.

3. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

3AAB3D42-8F87-4885-AAE1-4C1BBA43D7C4.jpeg

4. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Balderdash

Marcus Nalgaber likes this.
  5. mikestearns

mikestearns Tele-Meister

I don't believe in them, but I love ghost stories. My parents were convinced their house was haunted, I'll post the story a little later.

6. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Holic

Sure ! They often want to play my guitars at night, when I'm falling asleep. :eek:

I'm trying to explain them that they could do it during the day, quietly, when I'm at work, but they don't really care : no fun... :confused:

Fortunately, they did not discovered how to use an amplifier ! :cool:

OK, I go... :lol::D

-tbln

7. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

Seeing is believing and believing is accepting something as true in the absence of proof. So it’s perfectly reasonable that some people believe they’ve seen a ghost. My world is evidence based where theories with good supporting evidence are used as if they represent reality. All theories are subject to revision or expansion. Newton wasn’t wrong about gravity but relativity showed that his understanding was incomplete. That’s my long winded explanation of why I don’t “believe” in ghosts.

Greggorios and Marcus Nalgaber like this.
  8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

All know is that 'busting makes me feel good.

9. darkwaters

darkwaters Tele-Afflicted

Nope. Never.

Years ago a couple of buddies of mine told me, with straight faces, that they wouldn't walk thru a graveyard at night. "Why?" I asked. "Ghosts!" they both said.

I explained to them that it wasn't the dead that they have to worry about. It's the living that scare me.

10. mikestearns

mikestearns Tele-Meister

I grew up in the suburbs right outside of Baltimore, but when I was 16 my parents moved us out to a more rural area about 40 minutes north. We were told that someone had been murdered in the house they bought, but didn't really think much of it. Fast forward a couple years and my stepmom gets an overnight job at the local grocery store, and tells us that someone she works with lift there when it happened. She had split with her husband, who moved into the finished basement. Her new boyfriend moved in, who was abusive. Her ex-husband eventually came up the stairs and shot the boyfriend to death in the living room with a shotgun. I eventually got a job in the same store, met the woman in question, who was super nice. A couple years later she died of cancer, and after that my parents were convinced she haunted the house. My stepmom told me that things would happen like she'd hear the front door knob jiggling like someone was coming in and the dogs would bark at it, but there'd be no one there. The best story is she said she was asleep in bed (their bedroom was in the basement) and felt someone sit on the bed and heard her say "He's hurting me again.." and she turned over and saw our old boss standing there all bruised up. I never saw or heard anything any time I was there, but hey, who knows?

11. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Holic

How true it is, indeed !

- tbln

Marcus Nalgaber and darkwaters like this.
  12. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Dragons live in the sky. They are normally invisible, but sometimes choose to make themselves visible in the clouds.

13. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I reckon theys a new sheriff in town.

[​IMG]

14. D'tar

D'tar Friend of Leo's

Im shocked how many people can beleive in a "Higher Being" and not acknowledge the possibility of ghosts, spirits, demons etc.

15. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

16. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Sometimes all the sudden I smell something like perfume from nowhere in my house that has zero perfume and I think of my mom for no reason, I don't know but it's happened a bunch of times.

Our human consciousness is baffling.

Marcus Nalgaber and marc2211 like this.
  17. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Phantosmia

18. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

You can always count on the scientific materialists, the skeptics and scoffers to show up.

I'm not saying anyone should believe in literal spirits of the dead (I don't), only that maybe there's a great deal about this world we don't understand.

19. rghill

rghill Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Could there be such a thing as ghosts or spirits? Sure, but there is simply no proof of anything like that.

I think it's more of our natural senses picking up on things we can't put our fingers on. Sort of like feeling uneasy when walking down a dark street, or feeling like something is watching us. These are survival mechanisms our ancestors evolved to protect against things in the night that would do us harm.

Now, it is sort of like seeing faces on the surface of mars, or picking out threatening shapes in photos. Our minds are filling in the blanks when we feel like something is there.

I will believe it when there is proof, when science can explain what spirits are and how they operate.

20. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Afflicted

Very nice track and video Marcus, as usual.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.