"The Georgia Club"

Marlin B

Tele-Meister
Really? Never heard of that, sounds like it has potential. Was a Parsons fan. Suppose Googling will give detals. I'm in the Middle Georgia area. (But wish I was in the Blueridge/Elijay area.)
Parsons grew up in Waycross, Dave Griffin puts it together, ive played it for 6 or 7 years, 17 year or so.

Smokin OP

Tele-Afflicted
I just saw this. My name is Chad Roberts. I grew up in the Lester area.

Hey Chad, didn't know you were on this forum.

FYI, Chad is an excellent builder/repairman & all around great guy!!!

Chicago Matt

Friend of Leo's
Just became aware of this thread myself. Born and raised in Chicago. Then moved to Atlanta, and for the past 25 years or so living in Woodstock. Currently playing a little club called Semper Fi, third Saturday of every month 7:00pm to 11:00pm. Would love to meet any TDPRI folks from that area.

scantron81

Tele-Afflicted
Howdy from Cumming. You won't hear me because I rent a room for an hour each week in order to crank my amp.

I do that from time to time too. I need to do it more often. When our first kiddo was born, I'd load my stuff up and book an hour or two at a downtown practice space. $8 an hour. Great stress relief.

scantron81

Tele-Afflicted
10 for me. Great stress relief indeed, but not for my ears ;)

Ha. I don't get too crunk with my DRRI. Plus, I use earplugs. I did the halfstack thing in my early 20s, but had pared down to the DRRI by 25. I've had other heads and various cabs, but the DRRI is my bud for life. My current amps are 5 and 22 watts. All the high powered stuff is gone.

TeleAndSG

Tele-Afflicted
Ha. I don't get too crunk with my DRRI. Plus, I use earplugs. I did the halfstack thing in my early 20s, but had pared down to the DRRI by 25. I've had other heads and various cabs, but the DRRI is my bud for life. My current amps are 5 and 22 watts. All the high powered stuff is gone.

Earplugs?. Of course. Fender makes various models. Why didn't I think of that before. I agree with you. 7 watts is more than enough for me. Stacks were for concert halls that didn't have a decent PA system, or simply didn't have one at all, in the '60's. Today, mostly Metal bands use them (looks are still very important in that genere).

Doctorx33

Friend of Leo's
I make stratocaster noises in Doraville. Been in Georgia since 1983, moved here from Michigan.

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Holic
I live in the Chamblee/Tucker area of Atlanta. There's a very good store on North Decatur Road called Firehouse Guitars that has a pretty good collection of guitars.

Also of note: Gary Rossington of Lynyrd Skynyrd actually lives about a few towns away from me. I have been meaning to write a letter to him and thank him for influencing my guitar playing.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
Somehow I've missed this thread.

I live in the exurban area between Atlanta and Athens, the home of long commutes and bad restaurants.

My "official residence" has always been in GA but I have lived other places on a temporary basis.

donrichfan

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Somehow I've missed this thread.

I live in the exurban area between Atlanta and Athens, the home of long commutes and bad restaurants.

My "official residence" has always been in GA but I have lived other places on a temporary basis.
I missed this as well… you must be a Gwinnetian-just a guess.

donrichfan

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I’m from A small town in N Georgia, but lived in Atlanta and Decatur for many years. I’ll be in Woodstock in a few days to visit some family, with a couple of days in Blue Ridge.