1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Fender Deluxe: A Short History

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by fivewattworld, Apr 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Paul G.

Paul G. Friend of Leo's

Wonderful, clear concise non-technical history.

Only issue, is you state the Brown "now has 2 channels". The 5e3 is a two channel amp, just with a happily accidental interaction of the individual volume controls.

fivewattworld likes this.
  2. scelestus

scelestus Tele-Holic

The '64 is closer in construction technique to the old ones, but is not a direct circuit copy. It has trem and reverb on both channels and has bias modulated trem (instead of opto trem like the originals).

3. Mayas caster

Mayas caster Tele-Holic

I own a 1956 tweed and a 1963 Deluxe reverb. Two incredible amps for blues and rock. I am wondering wich of the two I like best...Happy Easter gang!!!

4. gridlock

gridlock Poster Extraordinaire

Finally got to watch the video to the end. Very informative. Especially the information on the tweed and brown-face Fender Deluxe amps. I’m somewhat knowledgeable on BF and SF Fenders, but I have never owned a Fender amp older than 1964 (a non-reverb Deluxe.

I’d love to try/buy one of these someday. Maybe even a clone.

Thanks Keith for the video.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  5. Geo

Geo Poster Extraordinaire

Really good video!
    I'm not quite sure which he is referring to when explaining changes that occured with the Brown
    Deluxe era. The brown Deluxe amps were cathode bias and not fixed. Brown ceased production at
    end of May '63. (I have a May 20 1963 stamp dated one.)

6. John How

John How Tele-Meister

I have enjoyed both your Deluxe and Princeton videos...I built a deluxe and it was a bit more than I needed...and though I had already built one of the brown Princeton’s, I’m now in the process of converting that deluxe into a BF Princeton Reverb type...Wish is thought of using a small amplifier about 50 years ago...for me, this Princeton series of amps ticks all the buttons...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.