The Fender Custom Shop ‘63 Telecaster Owners' Salon

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by rze99, Jul 28, 2019.

1. TomK

TomK Tele-Meister

If anyone else out there has one of these '63s, I'd love to see pics. Hopefully you folks can post soon. :)

@t-ray - does yours have a more modern 9.5" radius fretboard and bigger frets or is it vintage spec (mine's vintage)?

t-ray likes this.
  2. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

that's just beautiful.

Interesting how some of the "'63s" have the Pate Pending decals and bridges and others have the Pat Number ones. But all '63. I think that was the transition year for the patent so I suppose both are equally period correct.

t-ray likes this.
  3. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Yes, mine has the the more modern appointments as you described. I think they work pretty well on this guitar. I think the frets are smaller than the ones on my CS Nocaster. I posted some photos of the Nocaster earlier in this thread. I like the ones on the '63 better. On my Fender Shop Floor Travelers, for the Nocaster it says "DUNLOP 6105 JMB," and for the '63 is says, "CUT "MED JUMBO"." And the part numbers are different, so I probably am correct that they are slightly different sizes. (Yeah, I know, too much information!)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  4. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted

That Cabronita is one hell of an eye catcher ! It cries out for Rockn'Roll! Stunning guitar , wow !

5. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

When i was researching the CS '63 reissues I know there are at least two or three other owners here who are active on the site have not contributed but who did their NGD thread. Just thought it would be nice to have a dedicated thread for us and also future interested parties.

6. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Thanks! If I was only allowed to keep one of my guitars, this would be it. It rocks and does a lot more. Backstory: it was the grand prize in the TDPRI 2009 (I believe) annual fundraiser. I bought it several years later from the guy who won it. This guitar was built in October 2008, which makes it one of the very first La Cabs made by the Custom Shop.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.