The Fender Acoustasonic Stratocaster. I guess it was just a matter of time.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Jerry_Mountains

Jerry_Mountains Tele-Meister

They could really just do a regular semihollow tele or strat with the piezo system or whatever it is, no need for a strange looking sound-hole.

2. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

Where's the trem?

3. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

For what it's worth, I owned an Acoustasonic Tele for a while. Did probably 20 gigs with it.

Pros: In a live setting it sounded good. Perhaps slightly "processed" but I’m being nitpicky. It was very comfortable to play. And it was nice to not have to worry about humidification, etc.
    Cons: I couldn’t bond with the electric tones, which I felt were overly processed. I tried various things to improve it but nothing worked for me. And because this was designed to be a jack of all trades guitar, it was also a master of none. The acoustic tones were solidly decent but not like playing an actual acoustic. And the electric tones really fell short for me.

Overall it was a very practical tool in many ways, and there are probably players out there for whom the guitar's compromises are minimal. As with everything, it’s all what works for you. I can see this working for some people. It didn’t for me.

I will add this: in all my years of gigging I don’t think I’ve ever had a guitar generate so many inquiries from so many musicians. People knew what the guitar was and they wanted to know about it. If that's any indication, Fender may well have tapped into a market where there’s demand for something like this.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  4. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nothing against it (except price), but my Danelectro Convertible covers the same ground. 55 and still kickin'! :D

5. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I am trying to reconcile what I'm reading and seeing on two forums - which is basically "doesn't fit my needs" and "too expensive for what it is", and some "it will never sell", with the feedback from Fender and retailers, which is "sold out".

What gives? :eek:

JBLars and Ignatius like this.
  6. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

I guess we should have seen this coming/it's not a surprise. I've played a couple of the Tele Acoustisonics, and I was waaayyyy lesss than impressed. For $2,000, this is the POS that you produce and market? A big no thanks!

7. carpenter

carpenter TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

why! pretty much covers it

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.